SBW 60: The Brentford Inquest

Did that really happen? A disastrous London away day sees Derby's second 3-0 defeat in less than a week - the first time they've lost consecutive games by three goals since the end of Paul Clement's reign in 2016. What on earth went wrong at Brentford - and was it a freak result or a worrying sign of problems to come? Richard, Tom and Anton pick the bones from a week to forget. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Roos bashing on this was...surprising.

As Eric Steele said on the radio, playing out from the back doesn't come down entirely to your goalkeeper. Blaming him for so much of Saturday wasn't right in my opinion and, to be honest, he was probably one of the reasons it wasn't 6 or 7-0. 

7 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

The Roos bashing on this was...surprising.

As Eric Steele said on the radio, playing out from the back doesn't come down entirely to your goalkeeper. Blaming him for so much of Saturday wasn't right in my opinion and, to be honest, he was probably one of the reasons it wasn't 6 or 7-0. 

Having listened back (I had to sit this pod out) I think the Roos criticism part of a wider point that he just isn't inspiring confidence at the moment. He makes 4 decent saves in that game - two of them were OK but not worldies - quite close to him and a good height. He does save two one-on-ones tbf. He was far from the only player who got flak - we also singled out Huddlestone, Lawrence and Dowell.

Dont think I'd have agreed with the unanimous shout that he has to be dropped, but I'd say we're one or two games from giving Hamer a go.

Chris

Archived