Ronnie's Vids

ronnieronalde

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Just listened to the half-hour ramble about football, Mourinho, fan mentality, etc. Makes for interesting listening and something to wind down to. Am I picking up a tinge of Irish in your accent or is it just a particular brand of geordie @ronnieronalde

I'm a bit of a mongrel really mate.

Dad, who was a Jamaican Geordie used to squeeze my fingers with a pair of pliers (pincers if he could find them!!!) if I ever swore or used slang, so I was always a posh mackem, even though we were a set of scruffy little sods.

Everyone else talked proper, we had to speak correctly.

Then I moved to Quarndonm thought I was going to be a footballer, ended up working in Simon's shop and no bugger could understand me, so I had to soften it. 

We've got Irish and Welsh roots mam's side of the family and she lives in Galway,  so I guess there's always been a bit of a twang.

Then I learned while I was abroad that EVERYBODY loves the Irish so I kept it ?

I'm sneaking this one in late as these videos could be a tough watch. Remember though that the book is called From Tough Life to Clough Life, so far they've all been Clough Life vids.

Why am I so transparent and why do I want to open myself up to posting and writing these things?

I still have dreams of helping people, I still have dreams of being either an inspiration or a lesson to young kids struggling.

I'm in a tough spot now but I will fix myself soon and anyway I've already had such an incredible, beautiful life full of some of the most sensational memories and experiences.

I want the story to make some money to help the kind of kid I was.

This one is the first of two toughies.

8 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'm a bit of a mongrel really mate.

Dad, who was a Jamaican Geordie used to squeeze my fingers with a pair of pliers (pincers if he could find them!!!) if I ever swore or used slang, so I was always a posh mackem, even though we were a set of scruffy little sods.

Everyone else talked proper, we had to speak correctly.

Then I moved to Quarndonm thought I was going to be a footballer, ended up working in Simon's shop and no bugger could understand me, so I had to soften it. 

We've got Irish and Welsh roots mam's side of the family and she lives in Galway,  so I guess there's always been a bit of a twang.

Then I learned while I was abroad that EVERYBODY loves the Irish so I kept it ?

Are you still in contact  with Simon and nigel? Get to see\speak to them much?

3 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

Are you still in contact  with Simon and nigel? Get to see\speak to them much?

I try, but not really. I'll have the occasional chat and when I do get the chance it's brilliant (for me) but it doesn't happen often enough.

Simon in particular is a real touch of class.

I bump into the other lads every now and then and like it says in the vids, I'm daft enough to think I can approach and talk to anyone football wise. It leads to some great moments and some strange looks but on the whole, football people will spend time talking to me and telling me things.

I'm more than ok admitting I'm a bit of a weirdo when it comes to that!!

Ok, so this one is a very happy one but it's also quite "saucy" so if you're offended by teenage humour, you might want to close your ears when I start talking about Sam from Hull :-)

I'm sneaking it in late again but this time cos of the sauciness!!

Again, remember that without Brian Clough, I would never have seen outside of Sunderland, never mind being able to take me and my mates on holidays that I paid for totally.

Brian would get me to do things like sweeping his drive or cutting the grass so he could "pay" me. He didn't like giving me money for nothing 'cos he thought it wasn't a good lesson to teach!!

Great times with  my two best mates who again had never left Sunderland before this.

I hope they remember it as nicely as I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qh_vGYOBeE

Archived