watching football abroad

Mostyn6

I usually go abroad to a Greek Island for the World Cup and the Euros.

2006 WC - Crete

2010 WC - Crete

2012 Euros - Corfu

2014 WC - Crete

2016 Euros - Crete

2018 WC - Crete

I find something enjoyable in going out and doing the holiday thing in the day, the showering, getting dressed, and going out and watching the football on a Big outdoor screen of a Greek Taverna, with a few cold fizzy beers.

A new one for me though is my next trip, next weekend, to Tenerife, for a Stag holiday, means I will be watching Derby in the play-off final abroad, and this feels somewhat magical to me.

Does anyone else have the same bug/addiction for being away for football? (but not attending the games)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only time I've done it is watching Forest v Derby while I was in New Orleans, at a bar, full of Mardi Gras attending neutrals. ducking dire.

Although on the same trip I watched the Wigan game, but decided to stay in. The Mason Bennett wondergoal looked pretty great on my mates 77" TV though ? 

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I usually go abroad to a Greek Island for the World Cup and the Euros.

2006 WC - Crete

2010 WC - Crete

2012 Euros - Corfu

2014 WC - Crete

2016 Euros - Crete

2018 WC - Crete

I find something enjoyable in going out and doing the holiday thing in the day, the showering, getting dressed, and going out and watching the football on a Big outdoor screen of a Greek Taverna, with a few cold fizzy beers.

A new one for me though is my next trip, next weekend, to Tenerife, for a Stag holiday, means I will be watching Derby in the play-off final abroad, and this feels somewhat magical to me.

Does anyone else have the same bug/addiction for being away for football? (but not attending the games)

I love it. Especially euros or world cup, usually a great atmosphere.

Watched the last play off final abroad against qpr, was just sorting myself to get another beer then oh no.

Sure this time will do it.

Archived