Kris Conmans

trigger

Too many of our first team are "journeymen" - turn up, do an average job. Only one or two have the ability to get you off your seat - and a fit Commons is clearly one.

I doubt anyone would disagree that a 100% fit Commons is an asset.

For me, we should keep him. An injury free season from him, who knows where we'd be now?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barker has not only saved more goals in them 31 games than commons got in his 40 he's scored more :D

Buggah!

Have this one then...

How many runs into the opposition half did Commons make, giving the ball out wide to Teale to put in for Hulse?

Just agree with me Mace, you've been here long enough to know it's quicker if you just agree with me. :D

Get rid of Hulse for me, take £2m and add that to the £1m we was going to spend on Hooper and that gives us £3m to play with to land Hooper. I'd still want some change for a bargain bucket mind you.

I would want Commons to stay, but I think if they can sign Tomasz Cywka(maybe out of contract in the summer, but Clough says he say a "complex" contract) then I see them trying to offload him, because he has a year to run on his contract. This may show if the board are doing things on the "cheap"

I honestly think we'l lose him in January or at the end of season, we're kind of in a lose lose situation in terms of keeping him.

If he can get his form back and play 90% of games between August to January he will no doubt have interest in him, if we do get an offer in January and it's from a club in the promotion race or Prem club he will want to go.

We'd be supid not to accept an offer when we could lose him for nothing at the end of the season.

Some will say he's a greedy this and that, end of the day would you rather be playing in the Prem or with a chance of the Premiership or a relegation battle each season?

If he can't play enough games and pulls his hammy every 6 weeks I doubt Clough will offer him a new contract.

It's early days with Cywka, seemed to do alright against Palace on Saturday and if he is available on a a free maybe we should snap him up as a backup for Commons, hopefully he will prove to be a decent replacement in the long run.

I don't see any other players out there in the same mould as Commons for under a million. Had a quick read on the DET and people are talking about Charlie Adam but we have no chance signing him until we start showing signs of fighting for promotion.

That's if Charlie Adams also isn't prem football with Blackpool next season, there in with a chance of 6th place. Also I think prem clubs are sniffing around him.

The problem with Tomasz is his inj record is just as bad as Davies. I believe he had a year out with a knee inj.

You would have to hope there injuries don't clash with each other, either that or we start looking at League 1 & 2 players. Start doing that and the fans will be on Nigels and the boards back before they have even played a game.

Who would want to be a football manager?

Archived