Kris Conmans

trigger

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your actually trying to use the DET forum to back up your argument? in true Chuckle Brothers fashion.....oh dear oh dear.

That forum has more mood swings than a menopausal woman. Do you know that after we played Blackpool the forum was full of comments that Barker was a dirty bar steward and that they would give up watching Derby if we signed a player like him, now he's the best thing since sliced bread and they wouldn't sell for anything under £5m.

When Commons comes back and plays the way he does they will be saying we aint selling for anything under £10m just as they were when he made his comeback a few months back.

I'l give you credit your trying, but you will have to do a whole lot better than using the DET forum to backup your argument.

Best attacking player you are having a laugh,surely they must play to earn that accolade.

This season the fat useless waste of space has started 10 games got subbed off in one of them for going missing as well.

This team cannot afford to wait for fat boy to put in his one decent cross every 10 games.

Give the fat lazy useless pratt away .

Who else have we had in recent years that gets hold of the ball and runs at the opposition defence?

Yes Commons has had a poor season this season only starting 10 games, last season he started 40 games and was linked with £3-4m moves away due to his good form, that was only last season.

Is it also just coincidence that Commons return this season was also the start of our run of decent form which put us just a few points outside the play offs, yet the very next game after his hammy goes again we go back to the same old ***** and start losing?.

Steve Davies 9 starts this season, 11 last season

Leacock 13 starts this season, 12 last season

Those 2 players put together havent played as many games as Commons in the last 2 season, nor do they make the same impact when on the pitch as Commons does, yet Commons is the waste of space? don't make me laugh.

Just thought I'd pull out a few quotes from when Commons was back in the team and picked up another injury.

23/03/10 Jess: i must admit without commons in midfield we don't look creative enough

13/03/10 Dangerous: I didnt listen to it,we are lacking in confidence again.I seriously think we are crap without commons

27/02/10 Boycie: We missed Commons and that pee'd me off, that we are a one man team.

24/02/10 Dangerous: we will lose,cause we arent good enough without Commons

24/02/10 GboroRam: heavy defeat. Brom up for it, plus no Commons to provide any spark for us.

20/02/10 BARRman: Just didn't sound the same after Commons went off, no attacking outlet once again. Ah well I guess the bump back to earth was going to happen sooner or later. Just hope Commons aint out for to long

20/02/10 BARRman: commons is making tackles, has someone put something in his water in the last couple of weeks?

17/02/10 Dangerous: Another good win.Derby certainly look good when they are going forward.Commons seems to be the key man for me.

Im afraid all those quotes show is how poor we have been and how desperate we are to call for him back.

You should really ask those same people how many times in the few matches he has played does he actually beat the man,more often than not he loses the ball resulting in pressure back on our defence.

As for Leacock and Davies im of the same opinion get rid.

daveyboy, im not doubting his ability at all , a class player.

consistancy is what is required,

im sure if conmans was always fit we would be up thier as automatic promotion hopefuls,

but as his injury record speaks for itself

its diabolical, i personally think he is swinging the lead and with that taking the p1 ss out of dcfc and the fans.

this is MY honest opinion of him.

l

Who else have we had in recent years that gets hold of the ball and runs at the opposition defence?

Yes Commons has had a poor season this season only starting 10 games, last season he started 40 games and was linked with £3-4m moves away due to his good form, that was only last season.

Is it also just coincidence that Commons return this season was also the start of our run of decent form which put us just a few points outside the play offs, yet the very next game after his hammy goes again we go back to the same old ***** and start losing?.

Steve Davies 9 starts this season, 11 last season

Leacock 13 starts this season, 12 last season

Those 2 players put together havent played as many games as Commons in the last 2 season, nor do they make the same impact when on the pitch as Commons does, yet Commons is the waste of space? don't make me laugh.

Have to agree with you for Davies but not Leacock, I do think Leacock makes a big difference when he does play, him and barker could be the best partnership in the league IF both fit. We got Commons on a free transfer, apart from wages, isn't a player of his talent worth keeping? Not like Davies who we have to pay a fee for. Some of you may call him crap and that, but I honestly believe the games he did play has kept us up. Would of we beaten Newcastle 3-0 without him? Doubt it

Fair point on how crap we've been Mace, although it doesn't explain why he was being linked with Premiership clubs and Celtic with figures being mentioned around £3-4m last season?

I agree that the amount of games he has played this season is unacceptable, but those games he has come in he has made the difference. Ok as you say the team has been pretty *****, but how on earth would we replace him for £1.2m?.

We've been in a relegation battle for 2 seasons running, ontop of that we had "that" season in the Premiership, we just won't attract any players better than Commons for that kind of money.

A decent summer behind him and who knows, he might play 40 games for us next season as he did last season. And if you believe all the rumours that have come from the Chip Shop on the DET and he is a greedy bar steward, surely he will be out to impress in his last year of his contract, let's get the best out of him until January and sell for a better price if he wants out.

Think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Untill a firm bid comes in that we reject, then all talk of 3-4mill is just that talk.

Me personally would sooner have Tommy Smith on the left and if "paper " rumours are correct he would be a million pound?

But i was talking league games and last season he still missed 16 of them So over 2 seasons he has missed 52 league games ,This to me is totally unacceptable.

Im not denying his ability but without application it counts for nothing imo.

Have to agree with you for Davies but not Leacock, I do think Leacock makes a big difference when he does play, him and barker could be the best partnership in the league IF both fit. We got Commons on a free transfer, apart from wages, isn't a player of his talent worth keeping? Not like Davies who we have to pay a fee for. Some of you may call him crap and that, but I honestly believe the games he did play has kept us up. Would of we beaten Newcastle 3-0 without him? Doubt it

Problem with Leacock is he's had the chances to prove his fitness and he's only managed one full season in his entire career, another 4 years and he'l be in his 30's, can you imagine his fitness problems then?

I'm not saying he doesn't make a difference as he does, just not the same way as Commons does. Anderson has come in and done an alright job for us, but who has come in and replaced Commons?

Leacock has had more time than what people are giving Commons, Davies has also been here the same amount of time as Commons, played less games as well but is there an issue made out of him being a "conman"?.

I honestly think that if Commons was 10st and we signed him from Man Utd there wouldn't be the same issue with some fans.

But i was talking league games and last season he still missed 16 of them So over 2 seasons he has missed 52 league games ,This to me is totally unacceptable.

Im not denying his ability but without application it counts for nothing

Last season we had the cup run, all the extra midweek games that Commons was there, 10 of them in total for Commons and they do take there toll on a player just as much as league games do. I know it's one of those "what if's", but what if we hadn't had those 10 extra cup games, would he of been able to play an extra 10 league games instead? plus the 5 games he came off the bench in both the league and cup that would make him involved in 45 games, missing just one game.

Last season we had the cup run, all the extra midweek games that Commons was there, 10 of them in total for Commons and they do take there toll on a player just as much as league games do. I know it's one of those "what if's", but what if we hadn't had those 10 extra cup games, would he of been able to play an extra 10 league games instead? plus the 5 games he came off the bench in both the league and cup that would make him involved in 45 games, missing just one game.

He played 30 league games plus 4 as sub so still missed 12.

If he hadnt played in the cup games who knows.

But why should we play the ifs and but games with players his career has been blighted by the same trouble so going by past record it does not inspire confidence for the future.

Looking at Championship stats from last season over on the Football League website......

Shooting player

3rd Kris Commons - 59 on target, 43 off target

Assists

7th Kris Commons - 9 assists

Shooting Club

08/09 6th Derby - 299 on target, 257 off target

09/10 22nd Derby - 223 on target, 237 off target

(Was Commons the difference? I think so.)

He played 30 league games plus 4 as sub so still missed 12.

If he hadnt played in the cup games who knows.

But why should we play the ifs and but games with players his career has been blighted by the same trouble so going by past record it does not inspire confidence for the future.

He still played those cup games, he was still on the pitch playing and not injured, he was in the team for the cup run and how much extra revenue did that cup run bring into the club?

Shaun Barker has only played 31 games this season without a cup run, should we sell him as well?

Looking at Championship stats from last season over on the Football League website......

Shooting player

3rd Kris Commons - 59 on target, 43 off target

Assists

7th Kris Commons - 9 assists

Shooting Club

08/09 6th Derby - 299 on target, 257 off target

09/10 22nd Derby - 223 on target, 237 off target

(Was Commons the difference? I think so.)

So 102 shots and only 5 goals give it up Daveo :D

He still played those cup games, he was still on the pitch playing and not injured, he was in the team for the cup run and how much extra revenue did that cup run bring into the club?

Shaun Barker has only played 31 games this season without a cup run, should we sell him as well?

Barker has not only saved more goals in them 31 games than commons got in his 40 he's scored more :D

Archived