Tomori

superzak

51 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

How did you rate Evans, Malone and Marriott, Angie?

Did they do enough to get a start on Saturday?

Firstly, it's hard to judge how they'd be against a Championship side based on last night. But I'll have a go on what I saw.

I liked Evans - gave away the ball a bit but put in some tremendous tackles to recover. Always available for the out ball from the defence and looked to play forward positively (hence giving it away a couple of times). He is taller than I expected and has 'presence' - as does Malone. The latter was tremendous going forward and has a lovely cross. Defensively in the first half he stopped a couple of crosses but he was also out of position a couple of times. Having said that, he's swift at getting back. Reminded me of 2013/14 Forsyth but a better crosser. As Lowe hasn't been so good defensively either in the League yet, I think I'd go with Malone.

If I was playing him with Johnson again, I'd definitely start Evans. If Bryson gets the start, maybe not as I don't think he'd know where to be in comparison to Bryson yet. I think that's a problem for most of Bryson's teammates at times!

Marriott - he's a right pest (I like that.) Never gave up but tired second half. Maybe a sub but to be honest Bennett again had the impact off the bench so I might make Marriott wait a little longer. I want to see more of Waghorn first.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
9 hours ago, superzak said:

What a skillful player he is on the floor....judge of the flight of a ball he is not, he was caught under the ball again in the second half at Oldham. Anyone think he would be better suited in a dfferent position where heading is not such an issue. He is so calm with the ball on the deck and his passing is sublime for one so young.

Yes he played RB for hull and I thought after the leeds game he isn't a Cb yet frank and jodyseem to want him at Cb. They've seen more of him than I have but I hope they are right and I'm wrong.

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, angieram said:

Firstly, it's hard to judge how they'd be against a Championship side based on last night. But I'll have a go on what I saw.

I liked Evans - gave away the ball a bit but put in some tremendous tackles to recover. Always available for the out ball from the defence and looked to play forward positively (hence giving it away a couple of times). He is taller than I expected and has 'presence' - as does Malone. The latter was tremendous going forward and has a lovely cross. Defensively in the first half he stopped a couple of crosses but he was also out of position a couple of times. Having said that, he's swift at getting back. Reminded me of 2013/14 Forsyth but a better crosser. As Lowe hasn't been so good defensively either in the League yet, I think I'd go with Malone.

If I was playing him with Johnson again, I'd definitely start Evans. If Bryson gets the start, maybe not as I don't think he'd know where to be in comparison to Bryson yet. I think that's a problem for most of Bryson's teammates at times!

Marriott - he's a right pest (I like that.) Never gave up but tired second half. Maybe a sub but to be honest Bennett again had the impact off the bench so I might make Marriott wait a little longer. I want to see more of Waghorn first.

What about flo Jo? Any good?

Said it in another thread and somebody has also said it here but for me it’s screaming out that he would be fantastic in the dcm in front of defence breaking up play and starting attacks , he has pace , great energy , can tackle and is composed on the ball 

Archived