Tomori

superzak

What a skillful player he is on the floor....judge of the flight of a ball he is not, he was caught under the ball again in the second half at Oldham. Anyone think he would be better suited in a dfferent position where heading is not such an issue. He is so calm with the ball on the deck and his passing is sublime for one so young.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would probably make a very good CDM actually but doubt we'll see him there.

Did someone say his Chelsea contract runs out in 2020 so there's a slight possibility of a cheap deal next year? Seems like the sort Mel likes to go after, like he did with Thorne, Ince, Wisdom etc.

14 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

Think he would be better at right back than Wisdom, he’s naturally more attacking. Stick Wisdom at centre half with Davies when fit, Keogh in the meantime.

Wisdom is no centre half. Not good enough in the air and positionally suspect. 

Needs the touchline to keep focus.

Pains me to say it as I championed the lad's return, but Andre looks badly out of sorts. He seems incredibly indecisive right now (confidence issue?) so perhaps swapping him with Tomori might be an option. The latter played right back behind WIlson at Hull so that's a link up that might see both players in a better light. I think Tomori looks a real prospect tbh and perhaps he can set WIlson free if played in behind him. It almost seems a waste playing him at CB tbf. 

Not sure the problems he has would be solved by sticking him in another position. Looks fine at centre-half to me. Just needs a vocal, older, wiser head next to him to talk him through the game. Keogh and Davies especially will be good for him. 

We should also remember that he plays mainly RB or RCB, playing LCB is different to RCB as your body positioning has to completely change. Not as easy as some may think, especially for a young lad, I remember Terry having to play RCB for England and his positioning was horrendous.

I can't wait to see him next to Davies, for me that would be our strongest CB pairing with Wisdom RB & Malone LB.

Tomori had a good game last night and a couple of times waited for a ball to fall and played with his feet when he could have headed it. Great when you have time to do this but he won't get that very often in the Championship. Lovely touch and distribution though.

We were joking about his aerial ability just before he scored - with his head! 

Noticed Keogh encouraging and guiding him positionally a few times last night (as he also did with Bogle). Just wanted to mention it as Keogh took a lot of criticism after the Leeds match for not doing enough of this.

I think we are going to be very grateful of the quality of our centre backs over this season - all will play a part.

Centre back is a position that you get better at with experience. You learn to judge things better and get a better positional sense. Tomori will get better as the season goes on and as someone mentioned before he will most likely look better next to Davies who will play on the left so he can play on the right.

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

Tomori had a good game last night and a couple of times waited for a ball to fall and played with his feet when he could have headed it. Great when you have time to do this but he won't get that very often in the Championship. Lovely touch and distribution though.

We were joking about his aerial ability just before he scored - with his head! 

Noticed Keogh encouraging and guiding him positionally a few times last night (as he also did with Bogle). Just wanted to mention it as Keogh took a lot of criticism after the Leeds match for not doing enough of this.

I think we are going to be very grateful of the quality of our centre backs over this season - all will play a part.

As I have said before, sometimes Keogh gets into difficult situations because he cares and over comitts to try and get Derby on the front foot. 

If you notice most of mistakes are when we are losing or looking for a goal as he tries to force the issue. 

He is a good player with Derbys interest at heart. He just needs to not overcommit on going forward and million dollar passes. When he cuts that out he can be excellent 

8 minutes ago, sage said:

I'm not sure if I agree with that.

He's still strong in the tackle but he'd actually started to look pretty good going forward at the end of the last season but hasn't really this year. Maybe I'm being too harsh. I'm not giving up on him as such, I just thought he'd flourish under Frank. Maybe he still will. Early days and all that.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

He's still strong in the tackle but he'd actually started to look pretty good going forward at the end of the last season but hasn't really this year. Maybe I'm being too harsh. I'm not giving up on him as such, I just thought he'd flourish under Frank. Maybe he still will. Early days and all that.

It was a joke. Read it again.

Archived