Tom Huddlestone a shout out

jono

I just wanted to wave a flag for our Tom

when he came on on Saturday he was exactly what we needed. All Calm, control and silky skills. His vision and passing got the best out of the fast moving, eager youth and debutants buzzing around him. He has that special attribute, the ability to have time on the ball and make good use of it.

It looked a bit ponderous last season because to much around him was slower moving and his skills were not as obvious. Yesterday he looked like a cat with several bowls of Cornish 

it could be a golden season for him with all that young blood around him. In a sense it’s the role we all wanted George to be playing - midfield maestro but while we wait on his future it’s great to know we have a vintage roller in the drive. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the fact Ledley is looking likely to get the nod ahead of him at the moment having Huds off the bench is a great option, one of the best passes of the ball in the league for sure, just his mobility that comes under criticism by some, I too think he will have a massive part to play this season.

His lack of mobility was the difference between him winning 50+ caps for England and several seasons at a top 4 club and having the career he has. 

His class is without doubt. I was hoping George would step up and dislodge him but doesn’t look likely this season. George needs games so need to get him out on loan.

Ledley plays just like Eustace. Knows where to stand, hard in the tackle keeps it simple - but I think he’s more mobile than Eustace was.

Good options.

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

His lack of mobility was the difference between him winning 50+ caps for England and several seasons at a top 4 club and having the career he has. 

His class is without doubt. I was hoping George would step up and dislodge him but doesn’t look likely this season. George needs games so need to get him out on loan.

Ledley plays just like Eustace. Knows where to stand, hard in the tackle keeps it simple - but I think he’s more mobile than Eustace was.

Good options.

On Ledley I think he's just all round better than Eustace. I struggle to remember seeing a player like Ledley with such good positional sense. Also whilst he tends to play the ball simply, he always makes himself available for the ball and releases the ball on quickly. 

Honestly I think he starts the season as first choice. 

Archived