Slimming World

TomBustler1884

Right then.

Who is a secret Slimming Worlder?

I have to admit I was sceptical when I started it in January but since then I have lost 2.5 stone. I haven't increased my exercise, I am still drinking, albeit when I go to the matches, very rare nights out, not at home.

I am eating chips, roasts, bacon, beans on toast, lasagne, rice, curry. I genuinely find their recipes tasty. I have not had to make too many adjustments to see the benefit.

If you want to lose some weight, I really do recommend it. I am on the online version so no meetings, all done through an app.

Curious to see if anyone else has given it a go? Planning on losing 5 stone this year, and i'm ahead of target at the moment

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have dabbled when the missus has been doing it and it was either that or make my own tea haha

Some of the recipes are nice, some are...less nice

My problem is that some gits run a food hall market thing every month full of the nicest but dirtiest food on the planet - i just put it all back on in one weekend!

Mrs does it ! I try and stick to the principals of it , especially through the week , as I do a bit of weight training along with other excercise , so obviously the diet suits that aswell.  Anyone who wants to lose weight though I'd 100 % recommend it , doesn't even really feel like a diet , more of a lifestyle change which can't hurt. 

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

Have dabbled when the missus has been doing it and it was either that or make my own tea haha

Some of the recipes are nice, some are...less nice

My problem is that some gits run a food hall market thing every month full of the nicest but dirtiest food on the planet - i just put it all back on in one weekend!

Sorry about that. I try to be fairly strategic at Bustler and stay away from the fried options.

Not always successful though! This weekend's will be amazing!

My diet of choice nowadays is low carb but I've followed Slimming World before, when the Mrs was doing it.

Just a tip that we used quite a lot of recipes from the Hairy Dieters cookbook, to increase the variety a bit from just the SW ones. Some lovely & low fat etc options in there.

Archived