David Nugent

Since the turn of the 2018......

Nugent - Played 11 - Goals 0 - Minutes 409 - Fit

Jerome - Played 8 - Goals 1 - Minutes 385  Fit

Winall - Played 6 - Goals 0 - Minutes 215 - Injured

How can we go up if our 3 strikers have scored 1 goal in 25 games (1009 minuets).

If your looking for your inform striker this year its Jerome..................

Maybe Walker would give us more? I just think that Nugent is starting to feel the pace now and Jerome is only average at best. We needed a striker with some flair.

Hopefully the goals pick up?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I agree that nug can feel the pace later in the game (Gary doesn't half make our strikers run about a lot rather than their traditional lurking) i think that a lack of time on the pitch has actually robbed him of his sharpness and with it his confidence a little (never thought I'd say that about him)

Jerome coming along has unsettled the team somewhat i think and rattled the hydra partnership that was the key to our mid season improvement in results.

He needs a proper run of games again.

Either that or do the same with jerome instead and try to fashion a different way of attacking instead...(as we also didn't with martin so I'm not convinced about that happening)

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Whilst I agree that nug can feel the pace later in the game (Gary doesn't half make our strikers run about a lot rather than their traditional lurking) i think that a lack of time on the pitch has actually robbed him of his sharpness and with it his confidence a little (never thought I'd say that about him)

Jerome coming along has unsettled the team somewhat i think and rattled the hydra partnership that was the key to our mid season improvement in results.

He needs a proper run of games again.

Either that or do the same with jerome instead and try to fashion a different way of attacking instead...(as we also didn't with martin so I'm not convinced about that happening)

yeh strange isn't it.  Maybe more going on in his life than football?  Seems very out of sorts.   So far I have seen Cam better as an impact sub rather than a starter

Archived