Bargains, van Dijk, Penny Sweets and wherever curtains takes us next

Curtains

On 12/29/2017 at 14:19, David said:

If Vydra's goals fire us to the Premier League, you could argue £8m is a bargain with the prize money you receive, same as the Lawrence fee if he proves to be a key part of the team that takes us up I guess.

As for Virgil van Dijk thats probably the first and last time I will see his £75m fee ever being called a bargain. 

Still think Virgil wasn’t a bargain after the Mersey Derby. 

PS Looks like Matej is also a bargain right. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/12/2017 at 13:01, rynny said:
11 minutes ago, David said:

Absolutely. Paid well over the odds.

Best centre back in the Prem and was brilliant in Europe with Celtic  Should never make an opinion on one match  Its an awful lot of money but the best always are anyway Courtino has paid for him  Everybody knows Liverpool are terrible at the back this guy will change that promise you 

2 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Best centre back in the Prem and was brilliant in Europe with Celtic  Should never make an opinion on one match  Its an awful lot of money but the best always are anyway Courtino has paid for him  Everybody knows Liverpool are terrible at the back this guy will change that promise you 

I am aware of Van Dijk, his ability and what a great signing it is for Liverpool, this has nothing to do with todays game which he didn't even play in. 

The question asked by Curtains, do I still not think £75m is a bargain? My answer to that is no.

Doesn't matter if Coutinho money has paid for him, I'm looking at the one transfer that is £75m for Van Dijk and struggling to see how that could ever be considered a "bargain", possibly the going rate now yes but in no way a bargain.

10 minutes ago, David said:

I am aware of Van Dijk, his ability and what a great signing it is for Liverpool, this has nothing to do with todays game which he didn't even play in. 

The question asked by Curtains, do I still not think £75m is a bargain? My answer to that is no.

Doesn't matter if Coutinho money has paid for him, I'm looking at the one transfer that is £75m for Van Dijk and struggling to see how that could ever be considered a "bargain", possibly the going rate now yes but in no way a bargain.

Trevor Francis the first ever Million pound footballer was a bargain at the time. 

I think it’s all about perception in the current football transfer environment.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Trevor Francis the first ever Million pound footballer was a bargain at the time. 

I think it’s all about perception in the current football transfer environment.

how can a “first” player be a bargain?  Only because he set a benchmark, all the rest of the transfers followed and got dearer. If you then look back you can possibly say it was a bargain compared to the prices being paid at the present time.

Appart from that, he’s a brummie red dog ?

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

how can a “first” player be a bargain?  Only because he set a benchmark, all the rest of the transfers followed and got dearer. If you then look back you can possibly say it was a bargain compared to the prices being paid at the present time.

Appart from that, he’s a brummie red dog ?

Of course he was a bargain .

Score$ a very important goal didn’t he. 

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

I remember a sixpenny mix, I used to get the sixpenny mix and 10 No 6 out my dinner money, happy days.

2.4 Old pence was 1 new pence. 

The good old days 

500,000 for Colin Todd and Sam Longson didn’t even know Brian Clough had spent it. 

Archived