Christmas rituals

dog

7 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Food

Alcohol

Women

The country itself

The history

The language (was that all your own work or Google translate? Fantastic job if you didn't cheat, it had grammar in it and everything)

Moj polski nie jest doskonaly ale.... od czasu do czasu ;-)

I'm better at speaking than I am writing and that is entirely down to the grammar.

All learned from M jak milosc and na wspolnej ;-)

Poland was home for a long time pal, I feel more of a stranger here than I ever did there and I miss it for exactly the reasons you've listed above, just probably in a slightly different order ;-)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Uszka you mean surely, not perogi?

Perogi are for boxing day, stuffed with minced turkey and potato and fried with bacon bits, served with brown sauce!

Umm!

Kurcze.... zartujesz!?

After all of these years Mama and Ciociu have been lying to me.

We have them on Christmas Eve as well, must be cheating!! or doing it for the daft foreigner who loves them any time of the year... They do make lovely pierogi though.

The only difference is the shape, Uszka are the little ears, perfect for soaking up the borscht! (Poor spelling probably).

Have you tried Anya's yet in Sherwood, top notch according to TripAdvisor, yet nothing like Mama's food!

Still pretty good though, just different, as I guess every family will be.

33 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Kurcze.... zartujesz!?

After all of these years Mama and Ciociu have been lying to me.

We have them on Christmas Eve as well, must be cheating!! or doing it for the daft foreigner who loves them any time of the year... They do make lovely pierogi though.

Pierogi ruskie on my plate. With uszka. And karp. And barszcz. And kompot. 

I Kraków jest lepiej, że Warszawa:)

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

The only difference is the shape, Uszka are the little ears, perfect for soaking up the borscht! (Poor spelling probably).

Have you tried Anya's yet in Sherwood, top notch according to TripAdvisor, yet nothing like Mama's food!

Still pretty good though, just different, as I guess every family will be.

Not been yet revel but tempted to go.

The thing is I make very decent kotletki and golabki myself so manage to keep the taste buds going with that, as long as I don't run out of ogorki I'm in good shape :-)

Archived