Minimum alcohol price law for Wales

Day

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, froggg said:

True Mafia and I’m not advocating it but it may stop some people getting to that point if the price point is right.

An addict is like water..... wherever it can run it will.....

48 minutes ago, froggg said:

True Mafia and I’m not advocating it but it may stop some people getting to that point if the price point is right.

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

An addict is like water..... wherever it can run it will.....

You missed my point mafia.

38 minutes ago, froggg said:

You missed my point mafia.

Problem I've got is it wouldn't reduce alcoholism..... or prevent anyone from becoming a problem drinker. It's up to the individual what they do and don't do..... people will still pay etc. 

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Problem I've got is it wouldn't reduce alcoholism..... or prevent anyone from becoming a problem drinker. It's up to the individual what they do and don't do..... people will still pay etc. 

I agree, people will find a way. You dont become an alcoholic because booze is cheap and available, its more complex than that, more often it will be as a result of an underlying issue such as mental health issues etc.

Its like smoking, its gone up god knows how much percentage over the years and still people start smoking, it has dropped in the past 10 years but not massively, in fact something like 17% of 16-24 year olds smoke...so thats new smokers. Its nearly twice as much now as in 2007 to smoke, but i dare bet the biggest factor in the reductions is the ban in pubs etc not the cost.

What I want to know is where will any extra money go, is it just another form of stealth taxation in the guise of 'health'.

Its annoying because I know some people have an alcohol problem, I dont, I know when to stop so how will this help me and millions like me? All it will do is help me have that little bit less money cause I will still enjoy my beers on a weekend.

Archived