Any car fanatics out there.

RiddingsRam

Obviously we all love football. But myself I'm a massive car fanatic. In the motor trade and also a hobby. Me and my son (4) have been to Santa pod raceway today and had a fantastic day. I've got a massive thing for early 90's Japanese cars. 

Anyone else a big car fanatics out there and what floats your boat ? 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive petrolhead  had loads of cars I used to go to Santa Pod in the seventies I was a modifier of cars from an early age .I am a rear wheel drive guy and my car owning list includes  Jap ,Ford ,Bmw and many more obscure ones as well .

Currently just sold a really low mileage BMW e46 m3 which I now regret but I still have my Noble M12 so not all bad .

Trying to get an early 90s Honda to 250,000 miles.

its quite interesting solving the problems it throws up, and sourcing parts.

looking for a really good bodyshop - not one that pastes filler over rust - as i've just managed to source some brand new replacement panels. 

Any recommendations?

33 minutes ago, RamNut said:

looking for a really good bodyshop - not one that pastes filler over rust - as i've just managed to source some brand new replacement panels. 

Any recommendations?

S T Autobodies in Long Eaton ,had a couple of my older cars done there .Ask for Scott his paint matching is a wonder to behold and I am ultra picky.

50 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Any recommendations?

I can recommend one we deal with and he's top notch. LW smart repairs in Alfreton. Does all the insurance stuff and all that malarkey but the owner Leigh has a real passion for old cars. He painted my old Toyota Glanza and I was more than happy.

I can't afford to be a car nut but I grew up around a lot of exotic machinery that has gone from prosperous mans hobby to become millionaires toys.

my old man had an Aston Martin DB3S - as a little lad in the early 60's I sat in the footwell when he drove it to Oulton park to race it in club events. In those days it was a second hand racer, now it's a million quid and the rest. 

Ancient history now and I have a 8 year old Alfa 159 2.4 which goes like a steam train but is really an insignia under the skin. 

On 1 October 2017 at 20:54, RiddingsRam said:

Obviously we all love football. But myself I'm a massive car fanatic. In the motor trade and also a hobby. Me and my son (4) have been to Santa pod raceway today and had a fantastic day. I've got a massive thing for early 90's Japanese cars. 

Anyone else a big car fanatics out there and what floats your boat ? 

Talking of 90's Japanese cars .... Can you remember which hot one had the ad tag line "The trigger is under your right foot" ?

? Not sure it kind of meets the green agenda 

56 minutes ago, jono said:

Talking of 90's Japanese cars .... Can you remember which hot one had the ad tag line "The trigger is under your right foot" ?

? Not sure it kind of meets the green agenda 

I can't, go in help me out ..... 

No I can see why there going down the green route but it's so sad for the petrol heads out there and motorsport in general, because it will die over this. I appreciate the technology of hybrid / full electric vehicles , but it will never be able to give you the feeling you get from an internal combustion engine. 

Archived