Rob Hulse - January Transfer Rumours

Day

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you can rest your main goalscorer due to rumours in the papers, as Clough said no offers have been made. Jay, Davies and Commons have also been rumoured to be leaving, do we not play them either?

The way Hulse is prancing around at the moment we'd be lucky to give him away, forget the £2-3m.

Maybe he's heads gone as he thought there was real interest in him, now we're almost half way through January and not one club has been in for him, he's probably thinking why he didn't go when he had the chance.

Either way, unless he gets his head back he'l find himself rotting in the reserves.

• 3 weeks later...

ROB Hulse says he wants to stay at Derby County and battle for his place in his the side.

The striker, who turned down a move to Middlesbrough in August, has been linked with a move away from Pride Park during the January transfer window, which closes on Monday.

But Hulse insists he remains focused on a future at Derby beyond the end of the month.

"I'm not expecting anything to happen," he said.

"I showed my loyalty to the football club in the last transfer window and I'm not seeking to get out or anything like that.

"I'm just trying to get myself back in the team and do well for Derby County."

Hulse was recalled to the starting line-up in Tuesday night's 1-0 defeat at Plymouth Argyle – his first start in four games.

"It was lovely to be back in the side," said the 30-year-old target man.

"At the end of the day, it's the gaffer's decision and I'm not one to go banging on doors, asking why I'm not playing.

"That is not in my make-up – I'm not like that. I just put my head down and work hard.

"Hopefully, I can show in training and on the pitch that I am willing and working hard."

There were times earlier this season when Hulse – last season's top scorer and player of the year – was Derby's only fit recognised striker.

Now he is facing competition from the likes of Chris Porter, Steve Davies and on-loan DJ Campbell.

"Each one of us will probably think we should be playing but that is a good thing as it makes you work a little bit harder," Hulse added.

"That can only be good for me, the rest of the lads and the club."

Derby boss Nigel Clough was delighted with Hulse's performance against Plymouth.

The former Sheffield United man felt the Rams were unlucky to lose to Jamie Mackie's 82nd-minute strike at Home Park.

Hulse went close on more than one occasion – notably when Plymouth keeper David Stockdale saved with his legs from close range – while Paul Green hit the woodwork.

"We definitely feel hard done by to have lost that game," said Hulse. "We had some good chances but we lacked a little bit of luck.

"I know that's easy to say and I don't like saying that but they've only had one real chance and it's come from a lucky ricochet that fell nicely for them.

"We were very, very disappointed to lose. It just wasn't our night."

Hulse was critical of the state of the Home Park pitch, which cut up badly as the game went on.

"It was always going to be a difficult game," he added. "You were never going to be able to play good football on that pitch.

"It was probably the worst pitch I have ever played on – it was like a ploughed field, really.

"So, we would have taken a point and we're really gutted not to have got anything because I felt we worked really hard."

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Hulse-wants-stay-fight-Rams-place/article-1766528-detail/article.html

Strange timing, why not come out and say that when the rumours were flying around just before the transfer window opened?, has a lack of interest made him come out and state his loyalty for the club. Had Wolves or Boro bid again at the start of the month, would he still of been here, I'm not so sure.

Might be off to Burnley ?

Brian Laws is believed to be interested in bringing 30 year old Derby County striker Rob Hulse to Turf Moor on loan.

It would appear the Rams have turned the idea of a loan down but they could be tempted by a cash offer to make a move permanent.

The Mirror believe the Clarets want to follow the loan option with a view to a permanent deal in the Summer.

It is possible Hulse is on Burnley's radar as a contingency in case a loan extension for David Nugent can not be agreed with financially striken club, Portsmouth.

Also reported on radio derby.

• 2 weeks later...

It has emerged that Coventry City have tried to sign Derby striker Rob Hulse on loan until the end of the season, with a view to making the move permanent in the summer, but Derby County rejected the move.

Coventry chairman Ray Ranson contacted Derby about the possibility of taking Hulse on loan, but it soon became apparent that this would not happen.

Coventry City are thought to be keen to strengthen their attacking options and will make the signing of Rob Hulse a summer priority.

Archived