Chaddo now "Derwent"?

Boycie

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been like that for a while. Derwent has always existed as a ward of Derby, until recently it was lumped together with Chad. With the addition of Derwent Heights the powers that be split it out of Chad, so from whitshire road down is Derwent.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Bloody hell, he's the cavalry! ?

Thought it was all Chad, right up past the Toby free for all?

Its just fancy names for people who dont want to say they live in chaddesden, a bit like those who say 'oh i live on broadmeadows dont you know', erm so you mean south normanton or pinxton then?

Just now, Paul71 said:

Its just fancy names for people who dont want to say they live in chaddesden, a bit like those who say 'oh i live on broadmeadows dont you know', erm so you mean south normanton or pinxton then?

? wonder if this is where @sage came from?

47 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I'm from South Normanton. The Broadmeadows lot when not claiming autonomy generally claim to be from 'Normo' and don't like you pointing out they live in 'Pinko'

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, sage said:

I'm from South Normanton. The Broadmeadows lot when not claiming autonomy generally claim to be from 'Normo' and don't like you pointing out they live in 'Pinko'

And most probably drink in the boundary which is an awful excuse for a pub.

Sith Happens
19 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Even I winced at the name The Boundary, and I've only ever driven past it.

Hopefully you put your foot down as you did.

36 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Gary's got us back on track.

I'll be there, but I'll have a nap first. I'll wake up ok - I'm a light sleeper.

Archived