Trivia-The pitch

FindernRam

As a long time appreciator of the Baseball ground mud and its help in getting us to the top I'm always interested in the modern PP pitch. It seems to be holding up very well but its billiard table surface must help the opposition as much as us. The mudbath was ours alone and players like Gemmil and Powel loved it! The opposition hated it.

I would love to know what the 12 blokes do on the pitch at half time? They wander around in groups chatting to each other, prod the ground randomly with those forks then wander off. They  only cover some of the pitch and there is no obvious trend to prod where the play has been most. Most of the time they aren't even looking at the ground. Seems a waste of effort to me--now if they were strategically planting coffee cups that would be different!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/1/2017 at 16:17, FindernRam said:

As a long time appreciator of the Baseball ground mud and its help in getting us to the top I'm always interested in the modern PP pitch. It seems to be holding up very well but its billiard table surface must help the opposition as much as us. The mudbath was ours alone and players like Gemmil and Powel loved it! The opposition hated it.

I would love to know what the 12 blokes do on the pitch at half time? They wander around in groups chatting to each other, prod the ground randomly with those forks then wander off. They  only cover some of the pitch and there is no obvious trend to prod where the play has been most. Most of the time they aren't even looking at the ground. Seems a waste of effort to me--now if they were strategically planting coffee cups that would be different!

They are there to disrupt the warm-up of opposition subs at half time.

22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

i never watch the half time antics,im normally frantically attempting to buy a pint of kingstone press(you get this at tescos now by the way...4 tins for the price of one pint at pride park) and a balti pie from 3 disinterested staff serving 4000 fans within ten minutes...

..failing to serve 4000 fans...

Archived