Last minute goals - the awful truth

admira

1 hour ago, RodleyRam said:

You mean to say that GR might understand the game and see things as well as the fans do!?

We're in for a real treat if he sees the game as well as some of the experts on here :thumbsup:

I didn't mean THOSE fans .. I mean the ones who think like me and are obviously very clever and observant :p

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
On 2 April 2017 at 08:25, seths-cap said:

Any time I see Benty getting ready to come on when we're defending a slender lead I go from nervous to terrified. We sit stupidly deep for some reason as it is late on, Bents awful at holding the ball up when we do get it out and we also become more vulnerable at corners and such. 

That header off the post Friday night was down to him walking away from the man he was marking at the corner. I do like him for what he is but he's not the man to bring on at that stage if a game. I know we don't have many more options at the minute but there must be a better way? Razza/Anya to hold it in the corners? 

If we're chasing a goal then yes but not when holding on to narrow lead any more, please. My bum squeaks that much it makes the dogs bark.

I agree with this. We really need two strikers on the bench .. One to come on if we are winning, and bent to come on if we are losing. 

PistoldPete2
5 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

One thing's for sure....GR is more than aware of this!

Remember it was his Birmingham side who somehow managed to snatch two goals in injury time after we'd outplayed them for 90 mins...

I remember leaving that game with the clock on 89 thinking it had been a comfortable 2-0... couldn't believe it when I heard it finished 2-2!

And as for this season...well your more or less expecting us to concede late on!

Yeah and they didn't score the first til the 93 rd minute. The second came  in the 98th minute...I think the ref would have let the game go on for as long as it took til Birmingham equalised. 

Archived