Mac v Pearson

archied

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Ramdoc said:

Yes but radioactive.Finishing in very poor form 3rd 5th and 8th is nowhere near good enough in my opinion for a club of our size and support and aspiration.I still feel a partial rebuild and a change in our playing philosophy was needed to attain promotion

Just out of interest what do you measure size based on? 

And I don't see how support weighs in. Support doesn't buy players or score goals. In fact for us it seems to work for the opposition as many many of opponent managers talk about coming to PP and frustrating the crowd. If anything we add pressure. Is it even support if you boo draws? 

How many different styles, formations and players have failed to get promotion in the last decade? 

I've seen everything from 442 hoofball to 433 Clement pass marathons. I've seen fat strikers, thin, fast, slow, tall short. Two up, three up, one on his own.

Seen it all. There's no magic ingredient to promotion. Some do it with the ball, some without. Some with pretty low goal tally and some with high.

What they all do, every one, is play to the strengths of their players. That's it. That's the secret to success. That's how you see if your team is good enough. Who's got a role to fill and are coming up short? 

In our team? Being a dick I'd say there's about 8 or so out of 15 regulars that are just busy playing their own game. It's a team sport so I'd be looking to get trading. It's too many. 

I just can't agree that we belong any higher or deserve better. The fans are as ***** as the players imo. I'm looking forward to Barnsley winning and Rams fans booing about as much as having a prostate exam. 

I might switch the tables and drag the missus shopping. Both team and fans deserve each other right now. 

32 minutes ago, Alpha said:

We gave Nigel years and you get a taste of promotion and it has to be now or never. Something doesn't work so you want to sell all the players on the same day and start again. How many players played last night and at Wembley? 

And ironically, it's the fact we gave Nigel so long to properly build a squad, and then made sure we had continuity when we did change managers, that allowed McClaren to do so well last time round.

For me the worrying stat is that we are dominating possession, last night 65% , Villa 71% and in those 2 game alone we had a total of 31 shots with only 3 on target ! in 3 hours of football ??

So yes,a rethink needs to be had, and possibly NP was right, a rebuild, but one of my worries is, and has been for a while, the scouting/recruitment team....

Mel you need to put your thinking cap on !

Archived