Corners

NottsRam77

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, archram said:

Perhaps in training they play attack v defence - as our. attack at corners is so poor, it makes the defence look as if they're good!

I have often thought this - defending against our current attack at corners must be easy -peasy! 

You can guarantee at one point in every season regardless of how we are performing the inevitable moans of we cannot defend corners and never score from them come out. This is the same as the "we always get sausage refs" moan. People seem only to remember the last couple of things to happen and presume its always like that. Decisions that go against you are criminal and those that go for you are getting the rub of the green.

We are generally ok with set-pieces neither bad nor good. 

There is a fairly sizeable split from coaches between keeping everyone back, covering both posts, zonal marking etc. I'm all for debate but we I don't think we are going to find the answer from the knowledgeable people on this forum.

Having said that Darren Bent is clearly one of our better aerial players and there would not be a manager in the country who would leave him up front given our lack of height elsewhere and the fact we have quicker players to break away after a corner.

There are much bigger concerns than corners, such as us scoring goals in open play. 

Archived