Danny Wilson sacked at Chesterfield

Tony Le Mesmer

Gone along with assistant Chris Morgan. Another basket case of a club on and off the field. Some truly bizarre goings on off the field there the last few years.

Can't see them staying up tbh.

Funny how director and company secretary Ashley Carson cites a 'dwindling fanbase' as part of the reason for his sacking.

Maybe if the club were run properly and with integrity and offered fair ticket prices then that might have helped.

But no. Sack the manager.

Doesn't matter who they bring in. The clubs problem run a whole lot deeper than one mans managerial ability.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

i envisage he is use to it by now ..must be at least his 5th / 6th sacking   of his managerial career 

Wednesday, McDons, Barnsley and now Chesterfield according to Wikipedia. Plus a few mutual agreement jobbies and contracts not being renewed. 

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Wednesday, McDons, Barnsley and now Chesterfield according to Wikipedia. Plus a few mutual agreement jobbies and contracts not being renewed. 

are well not nice to be sacked  ..   but no sentiment in football  :angry:

11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I can't believe he's not been sacked before. But the clubs in such a state of limbo I don't think they could afford to sack him. Maybe a new owners/chairman or whoever recently resigned has been found.

i remember him being sacked at Wednesday    ..it got to the stage where mps where intervening to get him out  ..but an 8 - 0 defeat at Newcastle  a few days later saw him gone

I don't understand this one to be honest. For a start I thought Chesterfield were broke, why do they want to be paying up contracts? Secondly, why not sack the guy off the back of 10 straight defeats when it looked like they would be cut adrift? Their recent form has actually picked up quite a bit.

Archived