Pearl Harbor 75th Anniversary

AmericanRam

Went to an event today to honor and commemorate the survivors and those who died during the attack.Even though a somber occasion as to be expected,  I am glad I did.

I talked to one of the survivors for a long time, and even to this day I could tell it weighed on him due to the impact of it and the friends he told me lost.

I have great respect for those who serve in the Armed Forces and imo everyone should regardless of your personal feelings about war and the need for it or not.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Went to an event today to honor and commemorate the survivors and those who died during the attack.Even though a somber occasion as to be expected,  I am glad I did.

I talked to one of the survivors for a long time, and even to this day I could tell it weighed on him due to the impact of it and the friends he told me lost.

I have great respect for those who serve in the Armed Forces and imo everyone should regardless of your personal feelings about war and the need for it or not.

I was in NYC this week and did a VR activity at the intrepid museum which was based on pearl harbour and told stories from survivor's including a chap who is still alive, I think he is 103....really interesting and opens your eyes to what happened.

Archived