Swadlincote Ski Centre

Tony Le Mesmer

Anyone been? Just found out they do tobogganing and sliding down the slope on rubber rings which sounds great fun. Going to drive down from Sheffield before the Wednesday game and take the kid here before heading off to the iPro. Just thought it would pass a few hours down Derby neck of the woods before the game.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Anyone been? Just found out they do tobogganing and sliding down the slope on rubber rings which sounds great fun. Going to drive down from Sheffield before the Wednesday game and take the kid here before heading off to the iPro. Just thought it would pass a few hours down Derby neck of the woods before the game.

It's ok, as far as dry ski centres go it's on the small side, the Tamworth Snowdome is far better locally I.m.o for the ski slope and tobogganing but you can still have fun with the kids.

Bristles on the ski slope can be a bit nasty if you fall, I got bumped over many moons back on a busy day and the bristles pierced my ski gloves, going down the back of my thumb nail; to put it mildly, bit of an ouch!

I worked on this when it was being built way back, I remember it being bloody freezing as its (obviously) on a hillside. I went about 5 years ago, and it was still bloody freezing.  Wrap up.

the taboggan is the metal channel type with brake, quite fun.

they do fried food too.

its alraite.

On 20 October 2016 at 05:20, Zag zig said:

It's ok, as far as dry ski centres go it's on the small side, the Tamworth Snowdome is far better locally I.m.o for the ski slope and tobogganing but you can still have fun with the kids.

Bristles on the ski slope can be a bit nasty if you fall, I got bumped over many moons back on a busy day and the bristles pierced my ski gloves, going down the back of my thumb nail; to put it mildly, bit of an ouch!

Yes it was the first time in ages that I got carpet burn and a lot less fun than before. 

A colleague of mine had a nasty accident on the ski slope there, preparing for a winter holiday. He was off work for 2 years, and even after that he struggled to walk. Aparently the surgeons had never seen such terrible fractures.

Mind how you go.

Archived