Formation

Gritty

A lot of people assume we will play 433 as that is what we played last time.  I'm not so sure. I think we will play patient, possession based football but the precise formation will be dictated by the players we have. Last time that was 433 with Martin holding the ball up. We don't have Martin now.  

Nufc didn't play 433 under mac iirc. 4231 quite a lot. 

Looking at the squad we have no striker in the Martin mould.  But maybe we have a different focal point to start attacks. For example,  someone in the hole like Hughes who receives the ball and plays it in behind the defenders for anya, ince, vydra to run onto? So maybe a 4 2 3 1 with Hughes centre of the 3?

Regardless of whether that formation is right or not,  I think the style of play will be as before but not necessarily the formation. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With current available squad I'd go

Carson

Christie          Keogh      Pearce         Lowe

Johnson     Butters

Ince                Hughes                Anya

Vydra

2 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Carson

Johnson     Butters

Vydra

That's fair enough. All I would say is that Butterfield isn't and never will be a defensive midfield player. He and Bryson are both attacking players. Bryson likes to get in the box, Butterfield is happy to shoot from further out.

Also, in picking Vydra, Ince and Anya (for good attacking reasons) you are condemning the other 7 outfield players to a hell of a lot of grunt work.

I think this has been the case a lot this season. They are not unfit- it's just the workload is unfairly distributed. Hughes, Bryson and Butterfield have had the creativity run out of them. Poor Bradders never had the creativity in the first place.

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

That's fair enough. All I would say is that Butterfield isn't and never will be a defensive midfield player. He and Bryson are both attacking players. Bryson likes to get in the box, Butterfield is happy to shoot from further out.

Also, in picking Vydra, Ince and Anya (for good attacking reasons) you are condemning the other 7 outfield players to a hell of a lot of grunt work.

I think this has been the case a lot this season. They are not unfit- it's just the workload is unfairly distributed. Hughes, Bryson and Butterfield have had the creativity run out of them. Poor Bradders never had the creativity in the first place.

Ideally Thorne would be there, also I wouldn't have both players just staying in the defensive mid position all the time. One could move forward and compliment the 3 forward mid whilst still keeping that def mid player.

14 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

lets bring martin back and complete the demise

23 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Carson

Johnson     Butters

Vydra

Looks pretty mouthwatering.

Would be tough to play against.

Still want Chris back though.

Archived