Pep another £150 million

toddy

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clichy, Toure, Navas, Sagna, Zabaleta, Caballero and Fernandinho are all running out of contract. And youngest of them will be 32 next summer.

I'd surprised if he wouldn't spend a LOT in next couple transfer windows.

6 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

if he was the manager people pretend he is, he'd be able to unearth some gems and not need to spend that much. Did he not pay attention to the players in Germany that he could buy for a fraction.

You mean like Leroy Sane?

Everybody knows City are rich, and everybody knows the Premier League is rich. Unearthing 'gems' as you say is much rarer these days for clubs fighting at the top.

Just for the record, City bought Marlos Moreno, Benjamin Garre, Lorenzo Gonzalez, Pablo Marri and Oleksandr Zinchenko this past summer. Yet none look like breaking in anytime soon as there are so many top players already at the club.

Who was the last player to be signed by any one of Barca, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Liverpool or City who wasn't known at the time and has since become world class?

Courtois? Varane? 

The top clubs seem to be happy enough for top prospects to move to smaller clubs first, and once proven buy them for bigger fees.

I can't imagine the likes of United, Liverpool and Spurs hadn't heard of Schneiderlin, Wanyama or Mane for instance prior to joining Southampton. Seems to be the norm nowadays.

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

if he was the manager people pretend he is, he'd be able to unearth some gems and not need to spend that much. Did he not pay attention to the players in Germany that he could buy for a fraction.

I agree with that, and I always used to think that if he was as good as he thinks he is lets see him transform Sunderland or Newcastle for example.  I have amended my view a bit this season though - He has made such a difference to some of the Man City players - Sterling is a great example, as is Stones - and the team overall seems a lot better than it was last season.

If Man City come looking for a player that is already good enough to challenge for their first team, I can't see why any club would listen to offers less than £30 million.  It's pretty much common practice around Europe that if any premier league club comes looking for a player, then the asking price will go up.  For the top Premier League clubs the effect is surely even more pronounced.  There simply aren't any bargains around anymore for Man CIty, Man Utd, Chelsea etc.

Archived