Beer Thread

Cisse

IMO You need couple litres of Blue Nun and then you can have a party.

I ain't 100 % certain but I may have missed Mont des Cats... and I'm feeling bit uncultured.

Mont des Cats is a French Trappist monastery that started producing their own beer a couple of years ago. They are currently being assisted by monks from Chimay. It will be the first time I've tried it, so I'm giving it a couple of days to settle.

It's going down well. A bit too well. Can't taste any alcohol at all considering it is 8%
Yes, I could become accustomed to this taste - there aren't too many beers in this style that I've seen.

It doesn't quite make it up to the showstopping, take an hour to drink and savour level of the De Molen Hemel & Aarde (Heaven & Earth) imperial stout at 10% but it's mighty fine nontheless.

Oh, and using that beer in cooking gives the food great extra taste. Try with lamb or moose if you can get it. Also works if you make something in grill or with open fire.

My cooking skills are about  minus-6 / 10 so I'm afraid that won't happen.

I've even failed in making something edible in a slow-cooker ffs.

Meat, spices, herbs and smoked beer. Google it.

Stick it on cornflakes.

Seriously. I've done it with bottled guinness many years ago, and it's blooming lovely. No sugar though.

Mont des Cats is a French Trappist monastery that started producing their own beer a couple of years ago. They are currently being assisted by monks from Chimay. It will be the first time I've tried it, so I'm giving it a couple of days to settle.

Bought one of these home from the beer festival

Along with a Piraat, a Brooklyn East India Pale Ale, a Gentse Strop (no idea) and another Schlenkerla Aecht although only the Marzen

Bought one of these home from the beer festival

Along with a Piraat, a Brooklyn East India Pale Ale, a Gentse Strop (no idea) and another Schlenkerla Aecht although only the Marzen

I'd be interested to know what you thought of it (Mont des Cats).

I drank mine yesterday (may have been the day before).

The Gentse Strop is a new one on me.

Having a virtual monastery tour tonight.

I'm going to start with Orval, then Achel, then Chimay and then cross the border into Holland to see what Koningshoeven has to offer (ok, La Trappe Quadrupel. That should do nicely). Then if I'm still conscious, back over into Belgium to finish the night off in Rochefort.

God be with me, brothers.

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure. - CZECH PROVERB

Indeed.

I fancied a bottle of Robinson's Old Tom this afternoon, but to be really sure I bought 3 for a fiver at Asda.