DJ Campbell - Leicester City

vicky-27

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sorry but DJ is **** and heres another good idea Nigel have that injury prone **** Vaughan back you know the one that came last time and got injured do you ever learn you ****.

Ps dont give a **** he scored sat he wont last with us Nige breaks players.

• 3 weeks later...

GOAL hero DJ Campbell would like to extend his stay at Derby County  but the on-loan Leicester City striker could head back to the Walkers Stadium in two weeks.

Campbell, 28, scored a brace as the Rams beat Peterborough United 3-0 away on Saturday.

He has three goals in seven appearances since joining Derby on loan from the Foxes at the end of November.

Rams boss Nigel Clough is considering seeing if he can extend the deal until the end of the season  but Campbell fears he could be recalled by Leicester.

He said: “I donʼt know what will happen. Apparently, Leicester want me back at the end of the month but Iʼm happy here, Iʼm playing and Iʼm scoring goals.

“Thereʼs nothing I can do about it.They own my contract, so itʼs up to them.

“When the situation arises at the end of January, we will see what happens. For now, I am enjoying myself here. Iʼd like to stay longer.

“When I left, (Leicester manager) Nigel Pearson said he only wanted me to go for a month and wanted me back.

“But things can change so weʼll have to see what happens.â€Â

The pacy former Birmingham City striker accepts that playing for Leicester, who are pushing for a playoff place, is an attractive proposition.

But he would rather be fully involved in first-team affairs at Derby, even though they are at the wrong end of the Championship table  and is hoping for a run of starts.

He was cup tied as the Rams twice took on Millwall, but Derby are hoping to persuade the Foxes to let him take part in the FA Cup.

He said: “Leicester are doing well at the moment, fighting for promotion.Weʼre fighting for a different thing.

“But this clubʼs got the size and potential to do what Leicester are doing now.

“Thatʼs what Iʼve been brought here to do  to play. The situation in the last few games, Iʼve been cup tied so I canʼt play in the FA Cup ties.

“But the lads got a good draw at Millwall and the gaffer decided to keep the same team so I canʼt complain.

“Now I want to play to the end of my loanâ€Â

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/burtonmail-sport/displayarticle.asp?id=477584

Why the angry face? I wish we would do the same with Varney, if a player has no future at the club why keep sending him out on loan? let everyone know he's available to buy and thats that.

If Clough rates him that much then he has to put his hand in the Yanks pocket.

We can't afford his wages. - and i think he's better than Porter and Hulse.

I would disagree with the second part, and if we can't afford his wages why should Leicester keep loaning there "rivals" a player when we have no intention of buying him?

He has no future at Leicester and there will be clubs out there willing to stump up the cash for him.

Archived