55 shots 1 goal...

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do worry about the confidence of our team when the forwards aren't delivering. It's interesting that there are numerous threads on here criticising midfield and defensive players when we would have won most of our games if the forwards had been more clinical in their finishing. 

Ince for me is the most wasteful, he creates the opportunities for himself through excellent play but then his shot doesn't trouble the keeper. I think he needs to start shooting at the keeper and then if he's a bit out he'll put it wide of him but still in the net! Instead he is aiming to score a worldie in the top corner and is missing altogether. 

Camara last night looked like he was doing the same thing and Blackman too.

Bent is much more clinical but he so rarely gets into the position where he can take advantage these days and is a luxury in that he offers much less in other areas e.g. in the air.

I don't think that Pearson will play a formation that flows around Martin as pivot so that is going to limit his goal-scoring chances too. His main role may be to continue to set up others.

I really hope that James Wilson is fast, confident and accurate as I think that is the type of forward we need to put some end product into our game this season. I've only seen him play against us for Brighton so not enough for me to make a call on his fit into our team.

Ironically Zanzala could have thrived in a Pearson team if he hadn't picked up his ACL injury. Typical Derby luck! 

Archived