I hate o2

GeneralRam

I've only been with them 6 months and I'm already counting the days down till I leave. Never have I been with such a **** network with **** coverage along the road network. Google Maps is useless when I want to take a detour, I now have to preload tunes on Spotify before I leave and god help me if I am having a conversation when I switch to a different mast. 

Get me back on Three! Their coverage was 100x better than what I am getting now! I'm guessing there is no way for me to get out of my o2 contract because they deliver very good 2G signal, which shouldn't be classed as coverage nowadays as it's useless!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have my sympathies. We're with O2 at work and in a poor signal area (both voice and data) since we moved location a couple of months ago. EE and 3 are apparently fine. I'm having to rely on O2's broadband wifi calling app (TuGo) and that's appalling as well, dropping calls constantly & randomly duplicating my contacts. Apparently the EE wifi calling is much better.

Hell, I was using wifi calling on Blackberry FFS about 3 years ago and never had the problems I do now with O2.

Anyone know of a better way? (sorry to hi-jack your rant)

Just now, David said:

Half price on some 3 sim only all you can eat data plans for 6 months, 12 month contract. 

Then hammer o2 with letters, emails, to terminate contract early

I've been hammering them with tweets so far but the problem is I've had a free phone out of them and already had it for a while - I wouldn't mind paying them a couple of hundred just to get out the contract to be honest.

Just now, GeneralRam said:

I've been hammering them with tweets so far but the problem is I've had a free phone out of them and already had it for a while - I wouldn't mind paying them a couple of hundred just to get out the contract to be honest.

I know with EE it's the remaining months of your contract minus vat then 25% off that to terminate early. 

Guessing you're on a 2 year contract around £50pm then.....that will be a hefty pay off. Apparently some networks will buy you out of the contract to move to them, never heard of anyone actually getting away with it. 

Can you lower the o2 tariff to the bog standard one and take a small hit each month with a 3 sim only?

12 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

If 3 is so good...... Why did you switch to O2? 

Had to move to a new office due to a job promotion. Three was the only place without a work signal. In hindsight I should have just redirected my personal phone to my work phone but oh well.

Archived