Newcastle & the derby way

Dubiousmagoo

On 12/05/2016 at 11:31, curtains said:

He was in the Forest academy first off. 

On 12/05/2016 at 11:32, SaintRam said:

Ey? No he wasn't. 

On 12/05/2016 at 11:33, curtains said:

With respect he was but I'm doubting it now. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Hughes#Early_years

Didnt realize he went to my old junior school St Peters though. 

On 12/05/2016 at 11:38, SaintRam said:

The only evidence I can find of that is the Daily Mail saying it in an article, where they said he moved from Forest to us at 12... and I don't think he joined us at 12. Pretty sure he joined us when he was 15. 

Can you find me non daily mail evidence of that? Think they're confusing him with someone else, or just straight talking out of their arses. 

56 minutes ago, cannable said:

Not read the rest of the thread, so could have been answered, but he was definitely at Forest, there's a squad photo of their under 10's knocking about somewhere

This is taken from the club site http://www.dcfc.co.uk/team/player-profile/will-hughes/19

Hughes is a graduate of Repton School and has gone from strength-to-strength since arriving from Nottingham Forest as a 12-year-old, which resulted in him signing professional terms in the spring of 2012.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive not read the whole thread but the difference between newcastle and us is mike ashley and mel morris 

we might both look to develop youth and add value to our squads but thats where the similarities end. Morris is a Derby fan and although i might not agree with all his decidions all the time i do believe he has Derby's best interests at heart. Mike Ashley has his own pockets at heart, he's ripped the soul out of Newcastle, he'd be happy finishing 17th every year in the prem and if the documentary that was on TV is anything to go by be happy to continue to advertise his sportswear company and paying minimum into the clubs coffers in sponsorship

Archived