Glen Murray

TETRA

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now this is quite the coup for Brighton. One of the very few realistically available strikers who I think could potentially do a better job at Derby than anyone we currently have on our books. I have wanted the player to be wearing the black and white of Derby for quite some time now and to think it could have been this season leaves me feeling that we have missed out here.

A player that does so much more than score goals, too. He can play behind a main striker or as the main striker.

Wilson, Zamora and Murray. That's quite the forward line at Championship level and Brighton appear to have got over their blip in form.

59 minutes ago, storm said:

Now this is quite the coup for Brighton. One of the very few realistically available strikers who I think could potentially do a better job at Derby than anyone we currently have on our books. I have wanted the player to be wearing the black and white of Derby for quite some time now and to think it could have been this season leaves me feeling that we have missed out here.

A player that does so much more than score goals, too. He can play behind a main striker or as the main striker.

Wilson, Zamora and Murray. That's quite the forward line at Championship level and Brighton appear to have got over their blip in form.

Good job too - how many would they have conceded to Cardiff otherwise?

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

Good job too - how many would they have conceded to Cardiff otherwise?

I think four wins from their last six constitutes better form from Brighton.

Of their last six games, there is only Burnley with a better record from the top six.

1 hour ago, storm said:

Zamora and Murray's combined age (67) is 2 years younger than the 3 that started in midfield for us on Saturday.

1 hour ago, storm said:

Unfortunately for us I'm told by a friend who's a big Palace fan that Murray still has a house in Brighton & still has close links with the club from his time when he was last at the club. I seem to remember some years ago that he scored a load of goals for them under Poyet & help get Brighton promoted to the Championship. One of those players I think that wouldn't ever move his family north of London.

But I agree with you he's quite a coup, with the front line Brighton already have at their disposal, if he scores 7 to 10 goals for them over the remainder of the season it could be the difference to winning promotion or not.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

didn't Bournemouth only buy him this season for about £6m?

£4m, still a major failure if they're already loaning him out. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

unless they've negotiated a sell-on price of similar if Brighton get promoted.

Well that would only not be a failure if Brighton get promoted, which I don't think is all that likely. I'm generally surprised by B'mouth letting him go if it's true though, sure he isn't their first choice but it's not like they have depth up front. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Well that would only not be a failure if Brighton get promoted, which I don't think is all that likely. I'm generally surprised by B'mouth letting him go if it's true though, sure he isn't their first choice but it's not like they have depth up front. 

didn't they just spent £25m on three strikers?

25 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

didn't they just spent £25m on three strikers?

Well they have a pretty fluid set of forwards so I struggle to keep track but I thought Afobe and King were their only other "strikers" alongside Murray (who's their joint top scorer) 

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Well they have a pretty fluid set of forwards so I struggle to keep track but I thought Afobe and King were their only other "strikers" alongside Murray (who's their joint top scorer) 

And Lewis Grabben

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

And Lewis Grabben

and some Italian geezer

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

and some Italian geezer

Juan Iturbe? He is more of a winger. He is Argentinian that has played for Paraguay and has an Italian passport, Esteben Fuertas anyone? :ph34r:

Spoiler

*I have no knowledge of what passports he holds*

Archived