Big money signing

archied

We need a big money signing ,,,,,,,,, A MANAGER no disrespect to wassall and you could never ever judge a man on one game so this post is not about today being any reflection on wassall but I'm totally and utterly convinced that if we have the ambition as a club that Mel says the the money has to be invested in a serious proven manager ,, we urgently need a top notch manager ,figure head to galvanise the players and the fans, he has to be bigger than the players at the club an bigger than Mel , clement was not that and wassal is not that, only someone who fits that bill will be given the patience by the fans to sort out the club and move it forward , we are in real danger of undoing the great advances of the last few years by totally frustrating the fans and disappointment turning to negativity and poss even anger towards the players and even Mel, if we are going for Pearson get him in now , if we are getting a Rogers or moyes in the summer then tell the fans now or as soon as poss , I really hope the period between now and the summer is not a trial to see if wassal can do the job that's not fair on the fans or wassel , a plea to Mel from me , please get a manager that I can invest the patience in to turn things around based on the fact that he has proven track record or at least tell us that a manager who fit that bill WILL be coming in in the summer and will be given the time to build our dream club

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does a new manager have to be a big money signing? Graham Westley from

Peterborough won't be expensive and he ticks most boxes,there are bound to be

others. Brendon Rogers was reportedly on £7 million at Liverpool. Moyes won't

do our league.Nigel Pearson and MM will come to blows immediately,could be fun

my money will be on NP k.o in 1st round. Now just behave.

5 hours ago, archied said:

We need a big money signing ,,,,,,,,, A MANAGER no disrespect to wassall and you could never ever judge a man on one game so this post is not about today being any reflection on wassall but I'm totally and utterly convinced that if we have the ambition as a club that Mel says the the money has to be invested in a serious proven manager ,, we urgently need a top notch manager ,figure head to galvanise the players and the fans, he has to be bigger than the players at the club an bigger than Mel , clement was not that and wassal is not that, only someone who fits that bill will be given the patience by the fans to sort out the club and move it forward , we are in real danger of undoing the great advances of the last few years by totally frustrating the fans and disappointment turning to negativity and poss even anger towards the players and even Mel, if we are going for Pearson get him in now , if we are getting a Rogers or moyes in the summer then tell the fans now or as soon as poss , I really hope the period between now and the summer is not a trial to see if wassal can do the job that's not fair on the fans or wassel , a plea to Mel from me , please get a manager that I can invest the patience in to turn things around based on the fact that he has proven track record or at least tell us that a manager who fit that bill WILL be coming in in the summer and will be given the time to build our dream club

Please quantify your 'proven manager'. How about Paul Newell he got Wigan promoted from this division, or how about Billy Davies?

No major proven manager will ever come here without being able to run the club their way, bring in all their own people and fire many existing staff, and all that. Mel wants to run the club his way. If it's the right (Derby) way, then not chopping and changing with every regime should yield results. If it's the wrong way, then we're stuffed and doomed to wasting a lot of his money going nowhere.

Like @Carl Sagan says, not sure a proven manager would want to come to Derby. These types of managers are usually proven and successful because they go in to clubs, ring the changes and get everyone singing from their song sheet.

Just cannot see anyone other than an unknown entity that is willing to follow Mel's plan to get themselves on the managerial ladder coming in the summer.

kIW6J4D.png will be quite a limiting factor I reckon

I'm not sure I buy into the toxic atmos thing but I am sure the players are totally lost, only three stand outs at the mo without proper looking round  they are in order of pref , Rogers ,moyes and Pearson , now it's quoted above that Rogers was on 7 mill a year at Liverpool ? He would not expect to get his Liverpool money at Derby at this stage, moyes would not expect Man U money at this stage , now the 7 mill quoted for Rogers?put that next to 6 mill for Bradley John plus wages, 3.5 mill for Blackman plus wages and I know where I choose to put that money for best rewards on investment, 

the man in charge of football has to be in charge of football and that has always and will always include having his own people around him unless you are one of the top euro clubs that can buy the total best players in the world,clement was allowed to bring his own people in and have his own set up on the football side and was allowed to buy his own players , Mel explained this with his no excuses policy ? There is never any guarantee in football but the chances can be massively loaded in favour of success with a top proven manager , we need to go ou and employ the best qualified manager for the position our money can buy and fast , we seem to have adopted a take a punt on inexperienced coaches in the hope that we come across an unpolished diamond , now that could be a long and ultimately painfull policy that divides the fans and drives them away whilst turning us into a laughing stock , I was and am certain the sacking of clement was right but I believed it was because lessons had been learnt, the appointment of wassel till the end of the season to see if he can do the job tells me 100% they have not and all this stuff regards breakfast with Mel and info provided to some fans on the sacking that can't be shared with all fans makes me feel Mel is not the one of our own that I was totally trusting and believed in,,

sad weekend for me, I had bought into Mel 100% and was so excited about the future for Derby county, now I'm like the players,,totally lost wondering wtf is going on and far from hopefull that the future for Derby holds promise of stability and success, rather just more of the madness that's followed us around since Dave mark was sacked

5 hours ago, RicME85 said:

Like @Carl Sagan says, not sure a proven manager would want to come to Derby. These types of managers are usually proven and successful because they go in to clubs, ring the changes and get everyone singing from their song sheet.

Just cannot see anyone other than an unknown entity that is willing to follow Mel's plan to get themselves on the managerial ladder coming in the summer.

kIW6J4D.png will be quite a limiting factor I reckon

this is the new strip - colours? green and white - just need MM to make that decision - then we are Cardiff

its amazing how some clubs can change manager without effecting results, performances or fan opinion. Theres been one club this years that's had three different managers in 14 months but are still playing in the same way, getting great results and doing well. Employing the right manager who buys into a methodology is possible.

Yep you have described us 3 managers still playing the same ,,,,,, SH:T , we don't have a methodology yet ,, far from it , we need an experienced manager to help create that methodology ,,,, problem is it's all big words and hocome pokem , lets simplify , we need a proven experienced manager in now who likes to play good football , then when /if we lose him we need to find a replacement who is very similar , then is the time when you might even be lucky enough to promote a number two who s been at the club with the last number one but you got to get well lucky with that one so nope 99 percent of time find another number one that fits the bill,.  What we have at the mo is a policy of we want to play a certain way ( we have at times over the last few years) , lets find an inexperienced manager we can mould into our way,,,,, ain't gonna work Mel 

1 minute ago, archied said:

Yep you have described us 3 managers still playing the same ,,,,,, SH:T , we don't have a methodology yet ,, far from it , we need an experienced manager to help create that methodology ,,,, problem is it's all big words and hocome pokem , lets simplify , we need a proven experienced manager in now who likes to play good football , then when /if we lose him we need to find a replacement who is very similar , then is the time when you might even be lucky enough to promote a number two who s been at the club with the last number one but you got to get well lucky with that one so nope 99 percent of time find another number one that fits the bill,.  What we have at the mo is a policy of we want to play a certain way ( we have at times over the last few years) , lets find an inexperienced manager we can mould into our way,,,,, ain't gonna work Mel 

We should of stuck with Clement. 

Just now, archied said:

no I didn't describe us because we've had two managers in 29 months. Our way of playing changed with the change of manager - the wrong man was hired.

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

no I didn't describe us because we've had two managers in 29 months. Our way of playing changed with the change of manager - the wrong man was hired.

Good job we have now employed a manager who is taking us back to playing as we did a couple of years ago....mid table mediocrity, hoof ball, players lacking direction, non existent tactics, welcome back to the Nigel Clough era

Respect your view on clement curtains but disagree, wassal makes three davenport , two if he is interim while we find the right man but all the noises coming out are that mm and Sam think he is the right man and are giving him till the end of the season so yes 3 managers , like it or not we are now a high profile club, on the verge of promotion last few years,, on sky constantly, new chairman/ owner making a big noise ,, money being thrown around , big crowds ,massive expectations, a string of inexperienced coaches ain't gonna cut it , it's damaging to DCFC and to those coaches too , get a man in who is at least as big as the job in hand ,Pearson or someone even bigger than the job ,, Rogers or moyes 

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Good job we have now employed a manager who is taking us back to playing as we did a couple of years ago....mid table mediocrity, hoof ball, players lacking direction, non existent tactics, welcome back to the Nigel Clough era

your opinion based on one game. I gave no opinion on Wassall. And I won't until I've seen more. Just like Clement, I wasn't impressed by his appointment but gave him time so I could assess things properly.

4 minutes ago, archied said:

Respect your view on clement curtains but disagree, wassal makes three davenport , two if he is interim while we find the right man but all the noises coming out are that mm and Sam think he is the right man and are giving him till the end of the season so yes 3 managers , like it or not we are now a high profile club, on the verge of promotion last few years,, on sky constantly, new chairman/ owner making a big noise ,, money being thrown around , big crowds ,massive expectations, a string of inexperienced coaches ain't gonna cut it , it's damaging to DCFC and to those coaches too , get a man in who is at least as big as the job in hand ,Pearson or someone even bigger than the job ,, Rogers or moyes 

your right our third manager in 29 months, but our style of play changed between Mac and Clement. To some degree during Macs tenure. From the start if this season we attacked slowly and patiently, far different from the quick paced attacking under Mac. Yrs under Mac we played keep ball at times but when we had chance attacked with pace. We haven't at all this year.

now the job is to get the players to unlearn a style they've learned, not easy, and play differently.

getting a big name in isn't always the right thing, if they don't buy into the club ethos it will never work.

5 minutes ago, davenportram said:

your right our third manager in 29 months, but our style of play changed between Mac and Clement. To some degree during Macs tenure. From the start if this season we attacked slowly and patiently, far different from the quick paced attacking under Mac. Yrs under Mac we played keep ball at times but when we had chance attacked with pace. We haven't at all this year.

now the job is to get the players to unlearn a style they've learned, not easy, and play differently.

getting a big name in isn't always the right thing, if they don't buy into the club ethos it will never work.

Yesterday the players were frightened to play the ball around the back and looked to have nil confidence and the ball was like a hot potatoe .

Players were trying to get the ball forward when the pass wasn't on and that's not the right way it's hoof ball .

Pass and move and create openings is the way to go .

Players are now frightened to play the ball around and create openings 

PS Olsson looked good. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yesterday the players were frightened to play the ball around the back and looked to have nil confidence and the ball was like a hot potatoe .

Players were trying to get the ball forward when the pass wasn't on and that's not the right way it's hoof ball .

Pass and move and create openings is the way to go .

Players are now frightened to play the ball around and create openings 

PS Olsson looked good. 

symptoms of playing a different way - doing things they haven't done for ages, or for the new boys not been asked to do since joining. They've got to learn when the right time is. It won't happen in a week.

Archived