Modern Warfare 2

Day

Some knobshite snipering tosspot was sending me messages the other week, wasn't to happy that I kept finding his hiding spots and sticking a bullet in his head. In the end I've blocked all messages from non friends so I don't get and of that crap, now I don't even hear any of the game chat.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right basically Game and Gamestation are doing a deal whereby you trade in two games and get Modern Warfare 2 for just £4.99, the list of game is as follows:

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/thesnowman86/Photo-0032-1

Right now here's the interesting bit, Play.com are currently selling Overlord II for just a tenner.

As I'm probably not going to play much MW with the release of MW2 I will trade in MW and Overlord II that I just ordered off Play. I will bring in a five pound note and then walk away with MW2 and a penny change. Happy days!

sod that i'm off to tescos on the thursday night, asked in there the other day and they rekon it'll be about £24.00

Just pre-ordered from Game, promised the missus I wouldn't as we have loads to buy for the new house, then I thought about holding off and seeing if it is cheaper at midnight from Tesco's but I canna be arsed to go for a midnight scrum for a game and pleading with the missus to let me have it when I can get it delievered to the door that morning.

Now I just need to think up an excuse to the missus, like I didn't order the game they must have sent me a free copy for some reason. Or I ordered it then cancelled it, they never took payment but still sent it, strannnge. :D

Got until Tuesday now to complete the COD4 achievements I have left to do. Managed to do that cargo ship mock up in 24 seconds, need to lose 4 seconds from somewhere now.

Needed: One Forum Administrator to replace the current Admin who is under threat of impending murder. Must be able to sit down down all day, scratch his arse satisfactorily and have buttocks ample enough to provide adequate excuse as to why he never shifts out that fecking chair. Armchair and training supplied. Beer and Food expense account provided (But don't take the piss like the last fat git)

Just pre-ordered from Game, promised the missus I wouldn't as we have loads to buy for the new house, then I thought about holding off and seeing if it is cheaper at midnight from Tesco's but I canna be arsed to go for a midnight scrum for a game and pleading with the missus to let me have it when I can get it delievered to the door that morning.

Now I just need to think up an excuse to the missus, like I didn't order the game they must have sent me a free copy for some reason. Or I ordered it then cancelled it, they never took payment but still sent it, strannnge. :D

Got until Tuesday now to complete the COD4 achievements I have left to do. Managed to do that cargo ship mock up in 24 seconds, need to lose 4 seconds from somewhere now.

Women are never happy if they see any money spent on a game. If one pops in the post my Mum asks what it is and how much it costs. Thankfully she doesn't know much about games so I tell her it was on offer and cost me a fiver. Try it. Burn the receipt and future bank statements if you have to. :)

Have you read all the comments Joe? maybe worth giving your local gamestation a ring to double check the offer is still on at your shop before buying two copies of overlord.

i was gonna do that too but looks like they aren't accepting overlord at all now

Wouldn't suprise me if they have small print which says they reserve the right to remove or add games to the offer without prior notice, otherwise they would end up with a shed load of the same game...Overlord 2 in this case. For the free courier upgrade at Game is Sunday at 8pm I think, give Tesco/Asda/Game/Gamestation a ring Sunday before 4pm see if they have any deals on for it as they should know by then.

For those hoping to goto Asda at midnight have a read of this

http://forums.xbox.com/1/29762189/ShowPost.aspx#29762189

In short a few people have been able to pre-order at Asda although no price has been given yet, all you do is go in-store and they will give you a receipt for the game to bring at midnight. Those that have pre-ordered gets taken off the total quantity and the rest are available to the public. Although a couple of people in the thread have said there local Asda is not taking pre-orders and a couple have said the price will be £37.99.

Game and HMV are apparently sending the game out early due to the postal strikes, seen quite a few posts this morning saying the game has arrived or Parcel Force tracking number states the game is at the local HUB centre. Checked my order status and it says:

03/11/2009 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.

Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.

03/11/2009 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.

03/11/2009 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

Now from what I have read there is a chance it could be here for Friday. :D

i spoke to my local gamestation and they will accept 2 of the same game ie overlord 2 as part ex get in :D

Sweeeeeeet.

I have a feeling they'll back out of the deal when it comes out or a few days after but I ordered Overlord on Sunday so hopefully it will be with me by next Tuesday so I can trade it in.

05/11/2009 Your order has been dispatched.

04/11/2009 Your order is currently being picked and packed.

03/11/2009 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.

Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.

03/11/2009 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.

03/11/2009 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

oooooooooh :D

Archived