7 of the current top 8...

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

We are unbeaten against them... Final one on Saturday. I can recall last season our record against the teams around us was poor.

Didn't we take four points off Bournemouth, Ipswich and Watford last season while also going undefeated against Norwich? Our record wasn't that bad, the Boro games let us down though.

18 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

We are unbeaten against them... Final one on Saturday. I can recall last season our record against the teams around us was poor.

Last season we did well against the teams around us, it was in fact bottom half opposition that we struggled against. 

I think it was those away games against teams we ought to have beaten that we struggled against.

Brighton, Fulham, Forest, Huddersfield, Millwall, Rotherham, Leeds, Charlton, Sheffield Wed...

Don't know why but I was never confident last season going into away games. I can't remember, other than Fulham in the cup, where we really played well and dominated.

Even the wins against Cardiff and Reading were fortunate, we created little despite the handsome scorelines.

This season we look much better at the back, giving us better opportunities to win on the road.

31 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Like never losing to any of the three promoted teams, you mean ……….?

11 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

The away win last season at Cardiff was about as far away from fortunate as I've seen.

Really? Our first goal was a deflection, our second a decent header... And that was it in terms of chances created in the whole game. Some could say it was professional, I thought it was poor to be honest.

38 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Previous season, not last season.

This season away from home Bolton draw god knows what the forum would be like if we'd played that game today. Birmingham draw we played ok. PNE win convincing up to the last 20 min.  Reading scraped a win due to their best player getting sent off. MK Dons the score line flattered us really. Blackburn draw not very convincing. Huddersfield good win. Forest lost played a bit like today. Hull City good win.

So away from home although our form looks good on paper we are really grinding out a lot of the results. Our home form is really good but we failed to take maximum points off Boro and Burnley.

28 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Really? Our first goal was a deflection, our second a decent header... And that was it in terms of chances created in the whole game. Some could say it was professional, I thought it was poor to be honest.

I quite enjoyed Cardiff last year but Cardiff were in a bit of a transition last season. It was quite a comfortable in the end. Although it never felt comfortable all through the game.

Archived