5 in 12

Bris Vegas

Five goals conceded in our last 12 matches, two in our last seven.

I can't remember Derby ever having such a solid defensive record in my lifetime. Huge credit must go to Clement, our defensive shape has been so good - especially compared to the last few months of last season.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Five goals conceded in our last 12 matches, two in our last seven.

I can't remember Derby ever having such a solid defensive record in my lifetime. Huge credit must go to Clement, our defensive shape has been so good - especially compared to the last few months of last season.

Got to remember our last few months of last season, we didn't have a decent holding midfield player fit. Got to give some credit to having George Thorne playing well and if he is not available, we now have Chris Baird and Jamie Hanson to step in. Also we lost Jake Buxton last season and we now have Jason Shackell. The key to success will be no injuries to our backline, holding midfield and Chris Martin. We have no worries in the midfield department, when we can pick from Johnson, Butterfield, Bryson, Hendrick and maybe at the tail end of the season Will Hughes. And yes you have to give credit to our coach too.

I liked how we responded to first half's end, which was way too coast to coast. We were leading so it was pointless and risky. And we gave them way too much room in the middle just because we weren't discipline enough.

In the end, two very drilled lines at the back. Delighted to see that, our army of analysts have done their job and Clement knows what to do with that data...

The form in the last 13 games is pretty phenominal really, 4 points from 5 then 32 from 13.

Still find it incredible we lost to Forest, they have only won 1 in 10 or something like that, and we have lost 2 in 18 now. But thats just how it goes.

1 point better than this stage last season.

Archived