The most sensible system for finding players to play for the team.

Rampage

I have no gripes here but Bennett has been out on loan and been sent back . If you don't even get on the bench with 7 Subs why would you think he can come straight in as he was behind the pecking order last season with Thomas and Calero and Sammon etc 

You mean when he was injured? Or when when he was getting match fit?

He was recalled from his loans not sent back. Once because of injury and the other as he was struggling to cope in a team that played hoof ball.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean when he was injured? Or when when he was getting match fit?

He was recalled from his loans not sent back. Once because of injury and the other as he was struggling to cope in a team that played hoof ball.

Do you want Bennett on the bench then for Wolves 

Managers survive or fail deoending upon the quality of recruitment

all good managers need good scouts. 

In recent years its clear that burley had a good scout, whilst billy davies didn't.

arthur had ron jukes

i think the recent changes are because PC must want his own man in that role.

Crystal Palace also have a brilliant approach.

You only need to look at their side to see how they're developing and to be honest they have exactly the sort of side I'd like us to go for when we make the Premier League.

Strong, tall CBs who are good on the ball.

A midfield three consisting of a DM (McArthur), a ball-playing link-man (Cabaye) and a runner/supporting striker (Puncheon) and quality options on the wing in Sako, Zaha and Bolasie plus other options like Campbell Chung-Yong.

And they had a target CF in Glenn Murray (who I think is brilliant) though they sold him as I assume they think Connor Wickham is better, plus they have Dwight Gayle  as a CF option too.

For Palace, they now have a system and a way of playing. Recruitment should be easy. Look at the side, and try and bring in players better than they have in each position.

The signing Bamford on loan was baffling though. Where does he fit in with that? 

An excellent post, Bris Vegas. I agree entirely with you but I could not have put it so clearly.

Archived