Pay up Pompey

vicky-27

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portsmouth will go into administration by Friday unless a buyer is found for the Premier League's bottom club.

If Pompey enter administration they will be docked nine points, but the winding up order against them due to be heard on 1 March will be suspended.

A spokesman for Pompey owner Balram Chainrai said: "There is now only a short window of opportunity for buyers to come in with a credible offer.

"Having the club wound up is not an option as far as we are concerned."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8527495.stm

--------------------------------------------------------

9 point deduction will put em on 7 points, hopefully they don't pick up more than 3 more points all season.

I hope they get points deducted on relegation to the CCC if they are still in admin. They also should be in a transfer embargo like AFC Bournemouth, Bournemouth are actually paying off the debts but they are still in an embargo (they have been for almost 2 years).

Pompey are not paying off debts, they are actually increasing them yet they are allowed to sign players and increase a wage bill which they can't afford.

I hope they get points deducted on relegation to the CCC if they are still in admin. They also should be in a transfer embargo like AFC Bournemouth, Bournemouth are actually paying off the debts but they are still in an embargo (they have been for almost 2 years).

Pompey are not paying off debts, they are actually increasing them yet they are allowed to sign players and increase a wage bill which they can't afford.

like i said one rule for the prem one rule for everyone else

Debt-laden Portsmouth have been called "completely dysfunctional" as they prepare to become the first Premier League club to enter administration.

Accountant Nick O'Reilly of Vantis, who recently examined the club's books, said Pompey's business methods had gone "against all good governance".

"I came away not knowing who controlled what," O'Reilly told BBC Sport.

Portsmouth will enter administration on Friday and be docked nine points, leaving them facing certain relegation.

With debts of about £60m, they were due to face a winding-up order on 1 March over an unpaid £11.7m tax bill owed to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.

Read More

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8527495.stm

What happened to common sense? It died when people started spending money they didn't have and football clubs did the same.

I have nothing against Portsmouth. They have just been run poorly, with no proper regulation/control and are paying the price now. It's their fans I feel sorry for.

Archived