Pay up Pompey

vicky-27

How can they help them without bailing them out or bending the rules?

The only way I can see is if the Premier League refuse to give Portsmouth parachute payment directly, instead paying off HMRC and who else money is owed to at the end of the season if Pompy go down. The Premier League would have to agree a deal with HMRC for this to happen tho I guess.

If they stay up, well don't even go there.

thats kinda what i mean, the idea of them staying up is unlikely, possible but unlikley.

but also implement a rule that if they do keep them rumming all debts have to be paid in the summer back to the league. by selling key assets in the summer and surviving on a threadbare squad, like darlington do. they have a fanbase there that could theortically see them them survive at a lower level and build them back up

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree with Daveo about this whole affair.

maybe it needs a prem team to become extinct in order for the rest of football in this country to get back in the real world.

at the end of the day if i owed money to HMRC i'd probably be in prison for tax evasion.

special case to sell players!!! bloody hell they've just had a month to do that!!

Yeah he is, I had to Wiki it. Not sure why but I thought he was at Leicester for years, you'd need a bog roll to write down all the clubs he's been at.

I thought that too, i hate all the people on football league show, but he is the only one i dont mind too much, and i can just about live with him on the radio

Fifa has indicated it will look favourably on Portsmouth's request to sell players outside of the transfer window, BBC Sport understands.

Pompey have debts of about £60m and are due in court on 1 March to contest a winding-up order issued by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.

The Premier League will ask the other 19 clubs before making its decision.

It is likely any players sold would only be allowed to play in the Premier League, not any other competitions.

Very long article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8522283.stm

The Premier League has rejected struggling Portsmouth's request for permission to sell players outside the transfer window.

Fifa, which sets transfer rules, had indicated it would look favourably on Pompey, who have debts of about £60m.

But the Premier League board has decided it would "not be appropriate" to grant the request.

Pompey are due in court on 1 March to contest a winding-up order which could see them go into administration.

Should that happen, the club which is rooted to the bottom of the Premier League, will automatically lose nine points and almost certainly be relegated.

Read More

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8522283.stm

Archived