How much is Derby County's Squad worth now?

Rampage

Escalating transfer fees have changed the value of Derby County's Squad. How much do you think that it is now worth in transfer fees if the players were playing as well as we have actually seen them play? In my opinion it is now worth about £55 million.in transfer fees 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less than we paid because we've overpaid this window.

I think we're still probably above what we've paid out... Mainly due to Hughes... And the other youths who have come through... Plus I'd suggest that more of our squad are worth MORE than we paid for them than there are worth less... Examples:

Grant, Carson, Keogh(?), Bucko, Pearce, Fozzy, Warnock, Baird, Hanson, Bryson, Hendrick, Hughes, Russell(?), Martin, Bent...

It's irrelevant really, because the only time an entire squad would be put up for sale is if the club were to be on their uppers - then the prices would fall as the vultures moved in.

Also, the sum of the parts can be greater than - or less than - the whole. The squad is potentially one of the best in the league, but only time will tell whether or not the team performs to its potential.

Archived