4-3-3 / Glenn Murray / Potential summer mistakes?

Bris Vegas

SPAM SPAM SPAM

;)

I agree with the principle but new management, a shuffle in the board room and the abject capitulation last year was always going to result in changes. A couple of the players we have signed obviously had good loan spells with us and the rest pretty much slot straight in or are excellent additions to the squad. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting reading you opinions bris ! I don't particularly agree with them all ! Pc is still learning not only as a manager in himself but also about us ! I think it's going to take him a good 5-6 games to get to know his strongest 11 and formation for different opponents.  

He would have been an excellent signing, whereas Darren Bent will IMO turn out to be anything but.

Clement said he watched us many times and knew the squad inside out. If that was the case, ...

Bent contributes little to the collective and Martin is far better upfront in his own.

Surely if he had studied us carefully, he would have known that? He's taking a big gamble IMO

surely if he watched us many times, videos etc from last season, he would've seen that bent obviously did have something to offer, I mean 12 goals in half a season is hardly little to offer is it? Not just goals but the ability to allow a different system to be played?

I don't knowknow enough about gken Murray to comment whether he would'vewould've been better as only ever seen him play in highlights on motd

Glenn Murray would be great signing, he would really challenge Martin for the starting spot if we are playing with one central striker.

But IMO we were one midfielder short before the first game and now things are obviously even worse in that department.

Archived