Player Ratings from Burton Game?

drgoodspeak

in interests of honesty and fairness.....he hit one pass across half way straight to their forward in second half....giving him a clear run at goal. Keogh pushed him onto weaker right foot, and he blazed wide. I was in stand on half way and could see the pass clearly.

shackell was immense, and so to was keogh when he came on, winning many headers 

I mention this , as most moaning fans would have seized on such a mistake by keogh, even though keogh minor errors are not as blatant as Shacks poor pass. 

Hopefully our fans stop moaning and let the two best Centre Halves in league play together ....

shacks, keogh with Thorne in front will be immense 

yeah agree Keogh & Shackell will be a great partnership. We've got Alex Pearce also! Looking good at the back!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in interests of honesty and fairness.....he hit one pass across half way straight to their forward in second half....giving him a clear run at goal. Keogh pushed him onto weaker right foot, and he blazed wide. I was in stand on half way and could see the pass clearly.

shackell was immense, and so to was keogh when he came on, winning many headers 

I mention this , as most moaning fans would have seized on such a mistake by keogh, even though keogh minor errors are not as blatant as Shacks poor pass. 

Hopefully our fans stop moaning and let the two best Centre Halves in league play together ....

shacks, keogh with Thorne in front will be immense 

What did you think of Warnock and Sammon?

What did you think of Warnock and Sammon?

Sammon was discussed with my burton mate...I had wrongly predicted he would end up there.

warnock still coming to terms with being a reserve ....fozzie was his normal self, amd won everything in the air.

Bent looked very sharp, great finish too. Surprised he has not had more praise.

Christie was our liability he seriously needs to improve on his defending worst player on the pitch easily.

Ince was a little quiet but i wouldn't say he played bad.

Shackell was immense as was Russell.. Season looking promising.

Overall all players did well except christie ans possibly forsyth.

Christie was our liability he seriously needs to improve on his defending worst player on the pitch easily.

Also on the Christie note, if Baird is played elsewhere (I think he'll be in the starting XI regardless of where he plays) I think Ssewankambo will start at RB. He's had a far better pre-season which peaked against Burton. But if we don't play with two DMs (remember Bolton is an away match and that is an away formation) Baird will be at RB.

Bent has already been written off by some. As for Christie, it must be so difficult playing with half an internet on his back, just waiting for that first mistake.

I finally lost patience with some of our more vocal boo-boys last season - especially the baffling (or is that baffled?) "I know that such-and-such is rubbish and will never make a footballer - why can't our head coach see that?" types.

Yeah i agree. with Darren Bent , seems like he could be becoming a scapegoat but i don't understand it because he is so clinical, a proven goalscorer and to have him IMO is a coup.

Your point with christie i totally understand because it's just like dawkins, if they make one mistake straight away they get stick but if someone like Martin makes a mistake it seems to be ok. 

I don't rate Christie or Dawkins that highly in truth but 'get that donkey off' comments after one mistake can't be helping anyone.

Thorne has so many players to pass to who can do something significant with the ball that he is spoilt for choice. Just avoid unnecessary tackles George, as someone else will tidy up for you.We need forty games from you and if we get them from you and Will Hughes, we are going up as Champions.

Archived