Windows 10 - Did you upgrade?

Walsall_Ram

Clean installed it 1st impressions I like it. Took 2-3 re-installs after a few mistakes.

One important thing is to make sure you change window settings from P2P to your personal network. Otherwise it will take your internet from you 1st thing I did.

Only a few update feels strange not sure how to set them to inform me then download when I want. Playing games I can now get 250+ FPS which is ncie (Even thoe you only need 50+ I guess).

You can't delete browser history on exit which is annoying. I've done it in 'internet options' but don't seem to work :S.

uh oh. Don't let your mum check your history. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive upgraded, hated windows 8/8.1 so was a quick choice, its fast and snappy, and i love the cortana search bar on the task bar, you can search anything on your internet or files, only problem is that by default it uses bing as its search engine, but you can work around it, I use chrome, so i made chrome my default browser then added an extension called chrometana, which allows you to change the search engine

also, that little boxy icon thing next to the cortana search bar, it allows you to have multiple desktops screens :o

but the best bit is i no longer have a stupid windows 8 massive ugly unhelpful whopping whole desktop screen, i have a start menu once more :D 

so, all stuff that Mac users have had for years then. Way to be ahead of the game there Microsoft. 

uh oh. Don't let your mum check your history. 

Haha doesn't bother me like I said before it's more of the fact it stacks up GB worth of data and with a small SSD drive every GB counts when you have games on it!

Not for what you think you dirty bugger lol.

yeah, for twice the price of a windows computer even though they have the same computer specifications :whistle:

But us Apple whores know that we've got brushed aluminium chic, while you have functional "Meh".

You third world PC monkeys are just suffering from extreme badge envy.

But us Apple whores know that we've got brushed aluminium chic, while you have functional "Meh".

You third world PC monkeys are just suffering from extreme badge envy.

maybe so, but im not that bothered about what the outside of my pc looks like, its what the inside is, and i can get the same inside for half the price

maybe so, but im not that bothered about what the outside of my pc looks like, its what the inside is, and i can get the same inside for half the price

perhaps, but there is a reasonable argument that says my metal Macbook will last twice as long as your plastic laptop. Yours will have succumbed to some virus or fallen apart long before mine is retired. 

All thjse practical advantages, and I still get to be a Mac whore. 

perhaps, but there is a reasonable argument that says my metal Macbook will last twice as long as your plastic laptop. Yours will have succumbed to some virus or fallen apart long before mine is retired. 

All thjse practical advantages, and I still get to be a Mac whore. 

It may last, however the hardware would have moved on.

Archived