FFP worries?

Cardifframs

For those worrying about our spending,and if we are going to fall foul of FFP rules(especially florist fans )

Seems like our trusted back room team,have everything sorted

This quote is from the Derby telegraph 

"Although most fees are undisclosed these days, Derby appear to have splashed out around £9.5m in transfers which shows real ambition by chairman Mel Morris and the board.

With payments for those deals, including the Shackell deal, paid in instalments spread over several years, I understand, Derby still sit within Financial Fair Play guidelines."

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-know-big-club-says-Jason-Shackell/story-27472694-detail/story.html#XxY07gK98ZaHDfZP.99

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to reiterate, fees paid are spread against the length of the signing's contract for FFP purposes, whether we've paid upfront or in installments doesn't make a difference, except to available cash flow obviously.

Doesn't it take into account overall gain/loss in the financial year? (i don't know much about it) so the prize of promotion would easily balance it out so we don't really have much to worry about! 

Yes, but us not being successful is far more likely than some people seem to think. The business minds behind the club know what they're doing though, we'll be safe whether we get promoted or not. Promotion would just be a vast bonus. 

At no point in time was I ever worried about FFP. No matter what we do and how desperate we might become, we won't break the rules.

The time for boom and bust has gone for this club. Now we have a gradual semi-boom followed by sustainability and no bust. We have GSE, Mel and Rush. Promotion is NOT the be all and end all of this season so we can absolutely sustain another season with what we have now.

However, promotion has to come soon I hope!

Whats interesting about our gradual investment is that people like Sean Dyche are putting us in the same category as QPR because of how much we are investing. As much as the American investors have shelled out to make us sustainable, theres no question the money being invested has gone up considerably since Mel Morris came to the table.

Just to reiterate, fees paid are spread against the length of the signing's contract for FFP purposes, whether we've paid upfront or in installments doesn't make a difference, except to available cash flow obviously.

Cash Flow?

17kdjxvdqvygyjpg.jpg

Probably best place for this post.

Interestingly, based on valuations on transfermarkt (which I know isn't accurate but it's a decent ballpark) we've added just under £15m of player value spending just under £10m. Pretty decent work I'd say.

Archived