Download festival 2015!

DerbyRam!

cant believe we dont have a thread, this year was aweeeeesomeeeeeeeeee, just got back and slowly detoxing/regaining functionality.

all 3 headliners slipknot, muse and kiss were insane

so who else went?

new favourite = the qemists, try them out.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved it, but the rain was hell. I packed for rain, my campmates didn't. I told them and they just looked at me like I was one of those nutters predicting the end of the world. I predicted apocalyptic conditions, and that's what we got. Nobody listens to me dammit.

Muse blew me away. I wasn't that bothered about seeing them, but watched them anyway, and they came out as the band of the festival for me. Incredible. 

Hayfever, tiredness (seemingly extra drowsy medication) and the rain limited my band-age, although not a great deal managed to stand out I watched in-part all of:  (in chronological order order, full sets in bold)

Rival State, Blues Pills, Cadillac Three, Modestep, Judas Priest, Black Stone Cherry, A, Love Zombies, Mallory Knox, Apocalyptica, Von Hertzen Brothers (twice), Andrew WK, Muse, Hey Hello!, Hyena, Tremonti, We Are Harlot, Blackberry Smoke, Eagles Of Death Metal, Madball, Slash, Aaron Keylock, Broken Chords, Kiss, Suicidal Tendencies

Essentially the ones in bold are the ones I liked most, hence bothering to watch whole sets. I've not mentioned anything I thought was ******* awful, though Rene LaVice (music OK, MC'ing *****) and Chelsea Grin would be dishonourable mentions.

Hollis of Love Zombies AND Hey Hello...

11393503_881411708605618_827675643580246

10378936_829605167115366_276266526290205

Didn't bother.  Not paying that amount of cash for three ultimately uninteresting headliners.  Would have liked to have seen Carcass, Bodycount and a couple of others, but couldn't justify it.

Going to Leeds on the Sunday for Metallica, Gojira and Babymetal!!

Didn't bother.  Not paying that amount of cash for three ultimately uninteresting headliners.  Would have liked to have seen Carcass, Bodycount and a couple of others, but couldn't justify it.

Going to Leeds on the Sunday for Metallica, Gojira and Babymetal!!

I intended to check out Carcass because I've heard them a little bit and I like their sound, thought I'd give them a go live. In the end the rain ended that intention. Quite a few examples of similar cases where I just couldn't be bothered because I was cold and wet and tired. Parkway Drive was another big one.

The weather doesn't spoil a festival, but it does put a damper on it (excuse the pun)

Archived