England v New Zealand L/O/ game

Ovis aries

Duckworth-Lewis basically butchered England's chances, largely because it is skewed to the moderate scores which have been the norm until recent years. In a few years time, when there have been far more 350-400+ scores, then the tables will reflect that.

With Rashid and Plunkett having scored 70 off the previous 7 overs, and requiring only 9 an over over the last 6, if it hadn't have rained, then it was 50:50. To have to score at double that for 2 overs was quite ridiculous, unprecedented under the circumstances and gave England no chance.

However, the key issue here was the cut-off time. There is a floodlight curfew at The Oval of 9:15 pm. It seems to me that the fundamental problem here is with The Oval staging day-night games in the first place - it allows little or no room to manoeuvre when the rain comes just an hour before the scheduled close. 

No problem with Surrey/The Oval staging big games - just schedule them for a 10:30 start at the weekend, you flipping idiots.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stokes bowled Hussain 68.

Going along nicely until Nasser puts his humungous hooter into things and says that Stokes will keep swinging regardless of the fact there are 6 over left and rightly so. Next ball he takes a horrible head-up swipe at a straight one and is bowled. Minutes later we are all out.

Keep Hussain in his box!

Can now see NZ winning by 4 wickets with an over to spare.

Win or lose, I am loving this new positive attitude by England.

Let's hope it transfers to the test team.

If they lose, they lose. But it's great to watch an England ODI with spirit.

What I have always found frustrating about watching the England ODI team is that they have never seemed to have a go.

If they lose, they lose. But it's great to watch an England ODI with spirit.

What I have always found frustrating about watching the England ODI team is that they have never seemed to have a go.

The Paddy's just taken 25 off an over to go to his hundred. Superb stuff at the moment.

Credit to the kiwis, win or lose they are very sporting. Something I doubt we'll see later in the summer when the Aussies are in town 

I'm not sure why you think that should be the case. Ponting retired a while back.

About all this big hitting , did anyone hear Bumble talking at the Oval game .

There was a gap between the stands and through the gap outside the ground could be seen the walls of a hotel , Bumble said " If you think these lads now give it a belt , Clive Lloyd hit that hotel wall once " . :D

I'm not sure why you think that should be the case. Ponting retired a while back.

because Carke, Warner, Watson, Haddin & Johnson are all arrogant classless ***** that wouldn't know sportsmanship if it slapped them in the face 

About all this big hitting , did anyone hear Bumble talking at the Oval game .

There was a gap between the stands and through the gap outside the ground could be seen the walls of a hotel , Bumble said " If you think these lads now give it a belt , Clive Lloyd hit that hotel wall once " . :D

It was a school

Long may it continue , its part of history .

id take the kiwis attitude to the game over the Aussies every time, NZ a playing an exciting aggressive brand of cricket, as have England recently, without being classless boofheads that most of them he Aussie team are. 

because Carke, Warner, Watson, Haddin & Johnson are all arrogant classless ***** that wouldn't know sportsmanship if it slapped them in the face 

Having met four of those players, I know first-hand that you are talking utter bilge.

As usual.

Having met four of those players, I know first-hand that you are talking utter bilge.

As usual.

is it sporting to threaten to break someone's arm? Is it sporting to try to headbutt a batsmen? I could go on if you like

is it sporting to threaten to break someone's arm? Is it sporting to try to headbutt a batsmen? I could go on if you like

The Mitchell Johnson / Scott Styris affair was 5 years ago. Both were fined, neither banned.

As far as the Clarke 'threat' to James Anderson, overheard on the stump microphone, that nonsense goes on all the time.

Obviously neither incidents are as serious as the disgraceful decision by Warwickshire to employ the drugs cheat Ed Giddins - or Keith Piper, for that matter. Piper was banned TWICE. Let's not forget Paul Smith either - or Graham Wagg.

Is there something in the water over in your neck of the woods? Bunch of drugged-up cheats. It's no wonder you turn your attention elsewhere, to try to deflect attention from home.

The Mitchell Johnson / Scott Styris affair was 5 years ago. Both were fined, neither banned.

As far as the Clarke 'threat' to James Anderson, overheard on the stump microphone, that nonsense goes on all the time.

Obviously neither incidents are as serious as the disgraceful decision by Warwickshire to employ the drugs cheat Ed Giddins - or Keith Piper, for that matter. Piper was banned TWICE. Let's not forget Paul Smith either - or Graham Wagg.

Is there something in the water over in your neck of the woods? Bunch of drugged-up cheats. It's no wonder you turn your attention elsewhere, to try to deflect attention from home.

and where would "my neck of the woods" be?

im disappointed in you Eddie, that's quite a laughable post even by your standards 

Archived