Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

We've been linked with some Centre Half from Madrid

Derik Osede... @Ambitious have you heard of him?

He's been linked with a few championship teams. Played the second most games in defense for Castilla (25) - I don't think he'd start for us to be honest. 

Just researched, hes having his medical at Bolton unless we somehow hijack the deal.

Do they sign before or after the medical?

They sign after. He'd start for Bolton, makes far more sense for him to go there. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been linked with a few championship teams. Played the second most games in defense for Castilla (25) - I don't think he'd start for us to be honest. 

They sign after. He'd start for Bolton, makes far more sense for him to go there. 

Know his name has been floating but haven't a daisy duke who he is tbh. 22 years old so not exactly a starlet (unless he is a late bloomer)

Having seen Rawson and Hanson a number of times, I doubt he would be an asset to us.

We've been linked with some Centre Half from Madrid

Derik Osede... @Ambitious have you heard of him?

I have heard of him but never seen him play. He's got a decent reputation in Spain though.

We haven't been linked with him - I had a look in English and Spanish media last night and couldn't find one article that even had us and him in the same text. 

It's hard to tell with foreign loan players but he's as good as any we may see sign for Championship clubs this summer.

I have heard of him but never seen him play. He's got a decent reputation in Spain though.

We haven't been linked with him - I had a look in English and Spanish media last night and couldn't find one article that even had us and him in the same text. 

It's hard to tell with foreign loan players but he's as good as any we may see sign for Championship clubs this summer.

I've seem him play a few times, his physical fundamentals are good. Loses discipline more often than most though, breaks rank etc. Kept in check he's Castilla's best centre back but his consistency drops him behind Llorente in how Madrid value them. 

Wasn't media link it was some twitter and small time journalists suggesting him.

Wasn't media link it was some twitter and small time journalists suggesting him.

Personally I'd take Llorente from Castilla over Derik, but I think he was pencilled in to start getting a bit of time with the seniors next season and he's vice captain of Castilla, plus with Derik leaving I can't see him going. Shame.

Just wanted to jump in with a few details that I have regarding the 'mystery' new record signing:

*provided by a reliable internal source*

- Age is approx. 21 - 26
- Not a Defender, Described as a 'wide player'
- Plays in England
- Not a Premier League Player 2014/15
- Not a Premier League Player 2015/16
- Not played senior International football
- Expected Transfer Fee of approx. £4m - £6m, might not break record, but likely.
- A player that you will have heard of before
- Not been linked with the player before (to best of knowledge)
- Using logic, not likely to be from a team that doesn't need to sell e.g. Middlesbrough

Lua-Lua (as mentioned) would meet most criteria.

Some other names that *may* meet certain criteria:

Demarai Gray
Moses Odubajo
Peter Whittingham
Craig Noone
Joe Mason
Callum Harriott
Cauley Woodrow
Sean Scannell
Adam Hammill
Alex Mowatt
Michail Antonio
Ben Osborn
Tommy Rowe
Rajiv Van La Parra

Just wanted to jump in with a few details that I have regarding the 'mystery' new record signing:

- Age is approx. 21 - 26
- Plays in England
- Expected Transfer Fee of approx. £4m - £6m, might not break record, but likely.
- Using logic, not likely to be from a team that doesn't need to sell e.g. Middlesbrough

Demarai Gray
Moses Odubajo
Peter Whittingham
Craig Noone
Joe Mason
Callum Harriott
Cauley Woodrow
Sean Scannell
Adam Hammill
Alex Mowatt
Michail Antonio
Ben Osborn
Tommy Rowe
Rajiv Van La Parra

How do you know these criteria?

Your list is dreadful btw.

How do you know these criteria?

Your list is dreadful btw.

The list is just some names i've pulled together that meet the criteria, having scanned squad lists at Championship teams, might not be any of them, might be one of them. They just meet a lot of the criteria that I posted.

As edited above, criteria provided by an internal source that I know.

The list is just some names i've pulled together that meet the criteria, having scanned squad lists at Championship teams, might not be any of them, might be one of them. They just meet a lot of the criteria that I posted.

As edited above, criteria provided by an internal source that I know.

So your 'source' has given you this massive list of criteria based on what?

a) He knows who the player is and is trying to get you to guess?

b) He knows who the player is and is giving you enough info to be ITK without giving the game away?  

or

C) He is aware this is the criteria for a search and we haven't singled out a specific player yet?

Many of those on the list aren't wide players and hardly any of them would fetch £5m+

Only Gray fits the bill.

So your 'source' has given you this massive list of criteria based on what?

a) He knows who the player is and is trying to get you to guess?

b) He knows who the player is and is giving you enough info to be ITK without giving the game away?  

or

C) He is aware this is the criteria for a search and we haven't singled out a specific player yet?

Many of those on the list aren't wide players and hardly any of them would fetch £5m+

That's why I said may match certain criteria, not all.

Based on (a), he knows who, but wanted me to guess, but didn't want to give away who as we hadn't been linked with them before, and it's all still fairly hush hush.

I'm just providing the information that i've got, if you don't want to run with it then say no more about it.

That's why I said may match certain criteria, not all.

Based on (a), he knows who, but wanted me to guess, but didn't want to give away who as we hadn't been linked with them before, and it's all still fairly hush hush.

I'm just providing the information that i've got, if you don't want to run with it then say no more about it.

That's a and b. Demari Gray is the only one wotht that much and he is 21. Russell linked to other teams. Bucko linked to Brum. Possible if he was older.

Lua Lua wouldn't be too bad, but as a marquee signing I would be disappointed.

Gray and Antonio were the two names that jumped out at me, but still not big name players.

Question - If we do sign a wide player, will that mean someone like Dawkins will go?

Oh, and just to add to this - How much was spent on Ince? We apparently activated his buyout clause (Heard that on Sky Sports), so would that not be £5m +?

*provided by a reliable internal source*

- Age is approx. 21 - 26
- Plays in England

Demarai Gray
Moses Odubajo
Peter Whittingham
Craig Noone
Joe Mason
Callum Harriott
Cauley Woodrow
Sean Scannell
Adam Hammill
Alex Mowatt
Michail Antonio
Ben Osborn
Tommy Rowe
Rajiv Van La Parra

Sorry but these list you put on aren't 'BIG' or 'mystery' signing. Good try though.

Oh, and just to add to this - How much was spent on Ince? We apparently activated his buyout clause (Heard that on Sky Sports), so would that not be £5m +?

£4.75M plus the add ons (£750k if Derby get promoted within 4years)

Sorry but these list you put on aren't 'BIG' or 'mystery' signing. Good try though.

I didn't call it a 'big' signing. To be worth £5m is all relative, just because Derby / selling club see them worth that money doesn't mean we all do. Besides, it's hard to find a big player that hasn't played senior international football (100% guaranteed on this point). Very likely to be someone younger e.g. Gray.

Archived