Uddersfield. Who's going and where ya drinking?

Gritstone Ram

Any decent away pubs or better still a real ale pub near the ground. Last year i went past a few pubs on the way into udders with a few rams fans outside. These were a few miles away from the ground. I ended up getting a drink in the ground which was crap. No shelter and just john smiths or Guinness available .

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any decent away pubs or better still a real ale pub near the ground. Last year i went past a few pubs on the way into udders with a few rams fans outside. These were a few miles away from the ground. I ended up getting a drink in the ground which was crap. No shelter and just john smiths or Guinness available .

.....and a massive queue.

I live up here, The Sportsman's a minute from the station, turn left when you leave and you'll see it. As for anywhere else, there's not many away pubs that I know of.

Couple of Wetherspoons in town which usually get filled up by Town fans, but around the ground (within a 10 minute walk) I don't think there's a single pub apart from one connected to the cinema next door, and I wouldn't recommend that.

Last year i tried the Slubbers Arms, on the corner of Halifax Old Road and Willow Lane - absolutely packed out and impossible to get served - i wouldn't bother again.

and the Yorkshire Rose on the A62 leeds road near the ground - long queue to even get in - so that was another duffer.

p.s. And the pub next to the cinema next to the ground - another one which was impossible to get through the doors due to the queue. 

I live up here, The Sportsman's a minute from the station, turn left when you leave and you'll see it. As for anywhere else, there's not many away pubs that I know of.

Couple of Wetherspoons in town which usually get filled up by Town fans, but around the ground (within a 10 minute walk) I don't think there's a single pub apart from one connected to the cinema next door, and I wouldn't recommend that.

​How far is The Aspley from the ground?

Be careful parking at premier inn if not staying you may get a fine! We've not bought tickets yet! On sale till 5pm I'm buzzing to go and listening to Rammage & co makes us mega nervous.... But the £82 for tickets plus diesel, food etc is holding me back!!! :) 

Be careful parking at premier inn if not staying you may get a fine! We've not bought tickets yet! On sale till 5pm I'm buzzing to go and listening to Rammage & co makes us mega nervous.... But the £82 for tickets plus diesel, food etc is holding me back!!! :) 

​Does the Pub itself have a car park? Hope you guys make it up by the way. UTR

​Does the Pub itself have a car park? Hope you guys make it up by the way. UTR

It shares one with Premier Inn. If you carry on down the road next to The Aspley there's a few car parks down there for the football, usually charge about £2 I think. Only a five minute or so walk.

Archived