How big a difference will this make to our economy

Ovis aries

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's potentially about a third of the total oil produced by the whole North Sea (shared between UK and Norway), so it's a big find.

It'll take quite a few years to get going but they estimate it could provide 30% of the UK oil needs in 2030.

I tipped this development on this forum a while back on a thread. I have 7 grand in this company at 0.9p, closed up 170% following that article and I have shares across the consortium, ALBA, DOR, RGM and my biggest holding in STG which was up massively as well today. Bloody good day!

I tipped this development on this forum a while back on a thread. I have 7 grand in this company at 0.9p, closed up 170% following that article and I have shares across the consortium, ALBA, DOR, RGM and my biggest holding in STG which was up massively as well today. Bloody good day!

It's potentially about a third of the total oil produced by the whole North Sea (shared between UK and Norway), so it's a big find.

It'll take quite a few years to get going but they estimate it could provide 30% of the UK oil needs b

Bit confused by what you say.

unless I miss heard last night it was stated that North Sea total production up to now is 45billion barrels

surely that means this find could be larger , as I say I may have got it wrong .

Bit confused by what you say.

unless I miss heard last night it was stated that North Sea total production up to now is 45billion barrels

surely that means this find could be larger , as I say I may have got it wrong .

​They are claiming that the find could be up to 100bn barrels & estimate that up to 15% maximum of this could be extracted, so 15bn potential is a third of the 45bn from the North Sea.

It's a lot, basically!

have you sold the shares then?

Reduced my holdings across the other companies but kept all my shares in UKOG. I have rode quite a few highs and lows in that share already, buying more when others were selling in droves at 0.5p and am sticking with it come what may. Could be huge, could be bust, I have a few wild cards like that for fun. The guy who runs UKOG has made me a lot of money over the years. I got sensible in another of his shares last year that 8 bagged and that cost me about 45k of lost profit. I lost 9k in a stupid iron ore invedtment at the start of this month so looking better.

Archived