Was Alberto Bueno Really A Flop?

Mr. P

heard Kuqi wanted double the money we were prepared to pay him, and more than what Swansea were paying him!!

One of Clough's most baffling decisions during his entire tenure was not trying harder to bring Kuqi here. I understand that money was tight at the time, so if what Mostyn says is true his were tied, but could Luke Moore really have been that much cheaper?

​I don't know about money but I do know that Shefki was pissed 'cause Clough saw Moore as a first option.

And we all know "baffling decision" is quit nicely put in this case.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I don't know about money but I do know that Shefki was pissed 'cause Clough saw Moore as a first option.

And we all know "baffling decision" is quit nicely put in this case.

​I'm not sure where all this Kuqi stuff has come from. Clough dropped Kuqi and he was on the bench for three or four games before his loan ended and he left. 

Clough bought in Moore and played him in the Burnley away defeat, Moore kept his place in the subsequent games and our early season form slipped away and we slipped down the table. We looked much better with Kuqi up top than Moore. 

On Bueno, he was a talented player but a bit of a luxury, you needed to set the team up to accommodate him. The dropping of Kuqi and introduction of Moore also affected Bueno's role as we played a much more direct style that meant Bueno did not really fit in anymore. 

Archived