Tom Ince

YouRams

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno mate. Is the attitude here different to other countries? 

A lot of England players play in England under the microscope so the majority of fans going to England games struggle to see Wayne Rooney without a Man United badge. That rivalry between  clubs is just under the surface.

Our media are vile. Along with Sky selling everything as the best league, best player, best fans, best atmosphere etc etc There comes this sort of expectation that England is sort of a gathering of the best. Even though everyone knows it's not true and that the England team are in with no more chance than Mexico and Colombia and USA etc there's still that sense of entitlement from the "home of football". Don't forget we have these huge clubs like Liverpool and United shoved at us on Super Sunday. We have the billions of City and Chelsea. Surely with the English talents from these giants we should win the world cup. 

That expectation sleeps within all of us just because of the hype and money.  As soon as **** hits the fan then you really see things for how they are. The media sense the chance to stick the boot in and sort of be a man of the people. We get stories about wags and cars and all the stuff that gets people talking.

I think playing for England is no longer an honor. The brilliant Paul Scholes seemed to recognise it's not for him. It's a set up. Just like managing them.  A complete set up. 

Piers Morgan has an opinion on whether Tom ince should play for England u21s? Now I seem to recall apart from all the other excellent credentials mentioned by alpha that Morgan is besties with Kevin Piettersen. Whose loyalty to England / South Africa/ Nottinghamshire/ Hampshire etc etc is well known. 

I would listen to piers Morgan all day if I knew how to hack into his phone, maybe he can teach me how to do that. 

Archived